It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

attach22 HB User
why i get vertigo when I have acid produced in stomach

why i get vertigo when I have acid produced in stomach

Old 01-04-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: why i get vertigo when I have acid produced in stomach

I can only make a guess ok. But acid reflux can cause post nasal drip. And sense it makes things drip and drain up in the head area I think that perhaps it could mess with the ears too since things are draining. You inner ear could fill up and give you vertigo. I do feel this too and have these problems. That is why I am thinking it could be possible. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I don't know either but I've had it before and by surprise. I would wake up in the morning and realize I was dizzy and be unable to get out of bed. It's a miserable feeling.

I go to the doctor and get medicine but usually have to have some type of medicine called in, in suppository form otherwise I'm unable to get out of bed.

The last time I was checked I actually had fluid in my middle ear, and the time before an ear infection. But have had the dizzyness without any ear or sinus related problems.

Good question.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

CharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB UserCharBerry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEdwards83 View Post
I can only make a guess ok. But acid reflux can cause post nasal drip. And sense it makes things drip and drain up in the head area I think that perhaps it could mess with the ears too since things are draining. You inner ear could fill up and give you vertigo. I do feel this too and have these problems. That is why I am thinking it could be possible. Hang in there!
Good answer! One I haven't even thought of and I get vertigo occassionally. There is a pill my Dr. gave me to take at first sign and it usually works but might take all day. I hate that feeling! Have had to hold on to the walls to get to the bathroom before. Used to not last but a short period but the last few rounds have gone on all day. Thankfully, that hasn't entered my list of illness in awhile. There is a certain sort of exercise of a way of turning your head that will work if it's related to inner ear. Calcium builds up and causes the vertigo and these movements are supposed to put things back in order. I have a friend that had it for weeks before seeking help and then had to have someone take him but he doesn't have it much anymore and when he does he will do the exercises and it goes away. Might check into this with ENT spec.

CharBerry

Closed Thread