It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 10:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Anastasia HB User
Red face Is This Vertigo?

hi guys

i'm just starting a wicked sinus cold and i feel like bag of Hell. i think thats what started this. the left side of face is killing me.

anyways, i was walking for about 20 minustes yesterday and when i came to a complete stop it sort of looked like things were moving, kind of like they were being sucked into several different votrexes. a better analogy would be me standing still and the world around me being made of a water-bed. i didn't really feel like i was moving but the world went crazy, kinda swurly. is this vertigo? i thought vertigo was spinning, or can it be different...?

thanks to who every replys, this really freaked me out!

Anastasia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hbep HB Userhbep HB Userhbep HB User
Hi Anastasia,

Yup, that sounds like vertigo. Vertigo is generally knows as spinning, but it actually covers a range of things - feeling like you're being pulled, or pushed, feeling like the world is moving even though you're still etc... You'll find loads of descriptions of the different sensations people get on here. I know you were thinking of a visit to a neurotologist - might be a good idea. Althought don't panic, vertigo is rarely a sign of anything sinister, it feels terrifying but it won't kill you.

best,

hbep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2003, 05:16 PM   #3

willsmom HB User
Oh Yes - Welcome to my world!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif get the exact same thing - they told me its JUST an ocular eye reflex to the vestibular reflex - so pretty freaky but otherwise harmless. Hence the bold JUST cause it may be harmless but I think scary any how.

Old 10-08-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
(female)

dizzy572 HB User
I have been getting the off balance feeling from those tight neck muscles......on top of that I have Classical migraines.....with visual disturbances.....so between my viral Lab.....my bad neck and my eye migraines.....my balance system is bonkers......from what I read balance is a coordination of nerve messages from the inner ear....the cervical spine and the eyes.....I have a problem with each.....arn't I one big mess. Not sure what doc to run to next. lol

Closed Thread