It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
(male)

ryanjames640 HB User
I find this interesting-sinus pressure and vertigo

I'm more curious if anyone else had this similar problem and how it turned out for them. I had a post in the 'vertigo' board but felt considering how i am feeling now i had to post it here.

So about a month ago i started get 'slight' dizzy feelings that started to get a little worse. A week ago i went to the ER cuz the dizziness was really bad that morning and it was there the doc said he thought it was either sinusitis or vertigo. He did a finger check on my eyes, said it was vertigo and gave me antivert. The following week I took the antivert and it did seem to help me but made me groggy and fog headed most the times.

So last Friday I went to an ENT. He did a thorough ear check (booth and all) and a thorough nose check (camera down nose..wow weird!!). I had no polyps but he did say i looked really swollen in my nose and stuff. I had told him how as my vertigo got worse i noticed my sinus pressure did as well (not congestion..i could breath fine..just that severe pressure in nose and temple).

He has arranged me to get a couple test...VNG, VEMP and CT Scan this week but he did put me on Astelin for the sinus swelling. Well here is the weird thing...the past couple days I dont have the dizziness feelings...just the severe (and i mean severe) pressure behind my nose and my head (in sinus area above eyes). The astelin seems to be helping because teh pressure has gone down but i do notice if i move my head around too fast or look down especially that i feel fog headed or i can feel the pressure pressing and it makes me have to sit down...but it is better and so far its better then yesterday and i've been off the antivert for 2 days now and only the astelin..

So was i really dizzy or was that my sinus's all these weeks? Anyone else had this before...its a weird feeling and though its getting slightly better i'm hoping it goes away soon...

**Have to add this...but i have noticed that the last two days when i start eating that the pressure in my nose and head go away and i actually feel fine for a bit...strange**

Last edited by ryanjames640; 08-02-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
(female)

dalbai HB User
Re: I find this interesting-sinus pressure and vertigo

Two years ago before getting allergy shots I was off work for 3 months for vertigo. My head felt like it was full of fog and I couldn't think clearly. Along with that was the dizzy vertigo feeling. It got somewhat better but didn't really go away until I saw an allergist. He believes the vertigo is from an allergy to mold. I get allergy shots once a month now and take a daily antihistamine. If the symptoms come back I take a second or third antihistimine and they go away. If you have allergies try taking an over the counter allergy pill like Claritin or Reactine and see if it helps. The antivert meds are usually made out of histimine which might even make it worse if it is caused by allergies.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User

It could very well be allergy related. Allergies can make the blood vessels in one's head swell, which can trigger all sorts of problems. Just a little of my own history. For years I was on injections and then moved. When I went to the new allergist, whom I was referred to, he said I had been misdiagnosed, so didn't need the injections. Sleep apnea hit me at the same time and all of a sudden, I could not walk a straight line and couldn't think straight. I finally went back to my original allergist only to be told that the referring one where I now live, had not run the correct test!!! I lost all my energy, could not think straight and walked like the city drunk. Since it effected my mind, I could not put the two and two together. Now, I am back on my injection, but it will take months before I am back to myself. So, allergies can do much more damage that I was ever aware of. This has cost me almost three years of my life!! Hope this is of some help.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

jkatcha HB User

I'm not sure if you will get this, because the post is years old, but I have the exact same thing! Pressure in between my eyes/nose, but I'm not stuffed up and breathe fine. And I wake up with Vertigo. Did Claritin or the like work?!

Closed Thread