It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

amexnikki23 HB User
thumping/swishing in ears,muffled voices, and vertigo

For 3 months now I have heard nothing but the sound of my heartbeat in my right ear, along with thumping and pulsing. I can also hear my voice very loudly in my head, and I can pop my ears all day long. Just recently, I started waking up to severe vertigo (thank goodness the vertigo is only when I am lying down trying to turn from one side to the other). I have Googled these symptoms relentlessly and have narrowed it down to either Meniere's, SSCD, or just some very long chronic sinus thing (which I doubt). Other causes include vascular problems, glomus tumors, dysfunctional Eustachian tubes, etc.

Anyone out there have symptoms like mine because a person can be easily MISdiagnosed as all of the above conditions have a lot of the same symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User
Re: thumping/swishing in ears,muffled voices, and vertigo

Look up hyperacusis that is what I have. I had dizziness yrs ago and chemicals still make me dizzy.The sounds you are describing sound like hyperacusis along with hearing too loud.There are with other ear problems like recruitment and sound sensitivity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

I reread your post. Is it only your voice you hear loud? If so I would think some sort of fluid in the ear.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
(female)

sugzey$ HB User

Sounds like SSCD to me.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

meghan leigh HB User

my bet's patulous eustachian tube- which i've battled for years. check out the really long eustachian tube thread.

things like weight loss, laryngeal reflux, hormone changes, among other things can trigger it.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

sugzey$ HB User

I was just diagnosed with SSCD and I could hear my heart beating in my left ear real good. It also sounds like a watch ticking in my ear and I am now hearing a roaring in my whole head when I move my head from side to side more than when I move it up and down. A CT scan was done to get the diagnosis. I can also hear my eyes moving up and down when I look up and down real fast. Before that though, I had vertigo in my right ear. Went to a Balance Center to get that corrected and now I have binocular ?double vision in my right eye which usually comes from atrophy of the 4th cranial nerve in the back of the head. Still trying to deal with that problem.

Closed Thread