It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
(male)

rydeberry HB User
Viral Ear Infection/Vertigo?

Went to the doctor yesterday for him to look at me for a minute and say i have a "viral ear infection." Problem is; is that I went to the doctor about 2 years ago for the same problem i'm dealing with now and that doctor told me i had vertigo and prescribed some motion sickness medicine. I recall getting better then after taking medicine. But this time i have the same symptoms of dizziness only when i move around. But today i woke up feeling worst then yesterday and to find now that i have a headache along with some blurred vision. My vision isn't bad but i notice that it's more blurry then normal. I don't recall last time have a headache or blurred vision. For God sake i'm only 24 years old getting this crud. It's keeping me from being able to work and function the way a "normal" person should be able to. I have a baby coming in 9 weeks so there's alot on my plate especially for not being able to work. I tend to worry about things a little more then others and it seems as if the people around me including my g/f thinks nothing much of the way im feeling right now like i can do more. I'm struggling right now and I want to be able to get back to work! Any ideas or anything i should be concerned about? I have heard in some cases of people having this problem for the rest of their lives?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #2
(male)

warpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB Userwarpony2310 HB User
Re: Viral Ear Infection/Vertigo?

I have the same thing labyrinthitis ,and it sucks and it could keep you from working and put you on disabilty,,,,,the doctors say i have to wait it out til the dizzy crap goes away,wow so young i am 50. don,t stress out if you can,t work get disabilty,its tough to sit on the side line when you have a baby coming.

try balance or all vertigo exercises attack it give it a shot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

alborde HB User
Re: Viral Ear Infection/Vertigo?

rydeberry,
The type of doctor you want to see is a nuerotologist.
The doctor will specialize in inner ear disorders.
You will be given a number of tests to determine why you have vertigo.
It seems from your post that you know it is more complicated than an ear infection.

Vertigo is simply a symptom, in the same way that a cough is a symptom.
A cough could indicate that you have the common cold. Or a cough could indicate that you have tuberculosis.
It is not right for your current doc to simply say that you have vertigo and send you on your way!

Once you know what is causing the vertigo, you can find the proper treatment.
If it is MAV (migraine associated vertigo), migraine preventive medication may work wonders!
If it is BPPV, there are manuevers done by a PT or OT, to "fix" it.
There is VRT (vestibular rehabilitation therapy) if you have damage to an inner ear.

Find a neurolotogist for a diagnosis and report back.
Congrats on the baby-on-the-way!
Feel better soon.

Closed Thread