It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
(female)

cfoxj HB User
Vertigo 24 hrs after chiropractor adjustment

24hrs after my FIRST chiropractor adjustment EVER I went into acute vertigo. I have had vertigo or imbalance or my equalibrium off ever since then. It will be one month on 1/2/10. Been to the doctor had meclizine prescribed and it did not take care of the problem. Doc was worried about a torn blood vessel so I had a CT scan done. Everything was OK except I had a reaction to the die. Had an XRAY of my neck done next as my neck had been bothering me since the adjustment. They found arthritis and degenerative disc disease in my neck. Next they sent me to Physical Therapy and in the far away future a neurologist. (Hard to get into to see them) The Physical Therapist diagnosed me with BPPV of which I have had before and cured with the Epley maneuver. She has done a maneuver called the Semont and the Epley both on me. She thinks BPPV is gone now, but I am still unstable and this is wearing me down. I guess what I am asking is has anyone else had this problem from a chiropractor visit or does anyone have any suggestions or ideas and help? Thanks for you comments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
(female)

gpomerantz HB User
Re: Vertigo 24 hrs after chiropractor adjustment

I am experiencing the same symptoms less than 24 hours after chiropractic neck adjustment. Did your symptoms resolve?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

Dutchtulip HB User
Re: Vertigo 24 hrs after chiropractor adjustment

I, too, are experiencing severe, almost constant dizzyness after chiropractic adjustment. I have an area on my back that is very painful. Is this an issue that has not been fully dicussed with the medical world? Did any of you find a succesful treatment for this?

Closed Thread