It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Anyone recover from Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)?

Hi all-

After dizzy spells and vertigo for the past 3 weeks, I was diagnosed with this by an ENT. They tried to do the positional exercises to let the crystals flow back into place, but because of a neck surgery, I can't rotate my head enough to complete the procedure.

I was hoping others who have had this condition could give me some hope of not being dizzy in the future.

wb

Old 12-18-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Anyone recover from Binign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)?

You need to see someone with an Omniax Epley chair.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
(female)

anita2204 HB User
Re: Anyone recover from Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)?

I am new here also, I have been told that I have BPPV I have had it for over 8 weeks I have to say it has eased up some but I know its still there. I tried those exercises and they really made me worse in fact I hurt my neck one time I tried them.
I went to my ENT and he said I had a bacterial infection that could have caused this and put me on Biaxcin which is an antibiotic for the infection and told me to do the exercises, I also have tubes in both of my ears at the time the BPPV started one of my tubes fell out and the Dr said this could have caused the infection.
Well the antibiotic didnt help the problem so I went to the allegist and he put me on a steriod for nine days and he gave me antivan for the dizziness well I think really it just takes a LOT of time for this to go away I read a lot about this and meds sometimes help but sometimes they dont.
I noticed when I am overly tired the symptoms really kick up, all I can say is from what I read it does go away but when is the question I just hope this doesnt come back

Closed Thread