It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

Naps With Cats HB User
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

Anyone have this?

The day it started was about 2 months ago, I was opening my eyes for the first time that day and immediately the room was spinning and wouldn't stop - at all. Nothing I could do, it wouldn't stop. I had to go use the bathroom really bad, so tripped, fell all the way. It was about 35 minutes of straight spinning (like you're on one of those really fast rides where you're stuck to the wall from it going so fast?)

It lessened a bit, then was off and on all day. Think I fell 15-25 days over the next 2 days. The 3rd day was tolerable and I went to the doctor (even though I was soooo dizzy, but doctor (clinic) is close, so I went). He diagnosed it right away, gave me medicine that was it. No real explanation. (They don't have time at the clinic - 2 minutes, tops.)

What did they treat you with? The medicine I got didn't work, made it worse.

How long did it last? I'm still getting dizzy (the spins have stopped, but I've fallen a few times from sudden Vertigo and get dizzy a lot. As well, I've been getting constant headaches which I've never had before. They are in different places at different times which is so odd - like there's a lead-filled-glass-sharded ball bouncing around in my head. Every kind of head pain you can think of just about.

It's been about 2 months? (I have memory loss issues, too).

I'd be so happy to hear of anyone with this problem and how long it lasts and how often it has come back for you or if it's always there, and what your symptoms are/were. Pleeeease?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

Hi -- check out the Modified Epley Procedure (MEP) in the sticky.

Best ... Scott

Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo

I got this a few months ago for the first time upon waking up and rolling over. The room was spinning and I got naseaus and threw up. I've gotten it a couple times since, but not as severe and it usually goes away if I sit up quickly. I got some meclazine, over the counter, it's a motion sickness pill, and I keep it right by my bed and if it starts I can just grab one.

Closed Thread