It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Luxor27 HB User
Vertigo and pain with pressure to back of head

Main issue: I have been having vertigo/dizziness when I put any pressure on the back of my head. I cannot sleep on my back or lean back in a chair without feeling very ill. Even movement of my hair can stimulate the issue. There are no issues with the skin, it just feels like intense pressure on the back of my skull and any jarring of the area causes dizziness and pain.

About 4 weeks ago, I started having signs of vertigo and feeling pressure at the back of my head. I went to MD and he gave me antivert. This does help to alleviate the general feeling of dizziness, but not help the direct dizziness from the pressure on the back of head. Zomig and Naproxen Sodium do not help the pressure, but will help with the headaches and migraines I have been getting along with this. I have also taken a round of zpack for infection. Today, I stated feeling some tingling in my tongue and hands and went to ER. They did some blood work and CT scan, which was fine. I will see a neurologist (not available til 10/5). I have also had issues with double vision for a few years and migraines/headaches for at least 10 years.

Any suggestions!! It is driving me crazy. I stumble around and have so many headaches. I have read a little on IIH, any one have this symptom with IIH? If I had to guess, extra fluid in my brain would match the sensation I am feeling. Would love to figure out what is going on. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB User
Re: Vertigo and pain with pressure to back of head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor27 View Post
Main issue: I have been having vertigo/dizziness when I put any pressure on the back of my head. I cannot sleep on my back or lean back in a chair without feeling very ill. Even movement of my hair can stimulate the issue. There are no issues with the skin, it just feels like intense pressure on the back of my skull and any jarring of the area causes dizziness and pain.

About 4 weeks ago, I started having signs of vertigo and feeling pressure at the back of my head. I went to MD and he gave me antivert. This does help to alleviate the general feeling of dizziness, but not help the direct dizziness from the pressure on the back of head. Zomig and Naproxen Sodium do not help the pressure, but will help with the headaches and migraines I have been getting along with this. I have also taken a round of zpack for infection. Today, I stated feeling some tingling in my tongue and hands and went to ER. They did some blood work and CT scan, which was fine. I will see a neurologist (not available til 10/5). I have also had issues with double vision for a few years and migraines/headaches for at least 10 years.

Any suggestions!! It is driving me crazy. I stumble around and have so many headaches. I have read a little on IIH, any one have this symptom with IIH? If I had to guess, extra fluid in my brain would match the sensation I am feeling. Would love to figure out what is going on. Thanks.
You might try for an MRI to dig deeper into your brain.

I was going to tell you that MAV(Migraine Induced Vertigo) matches a whole lot of what you're experiencing, but the vertigo induced by touching a part of your head and the twitching seem to be something else.

I believe that the neuro visit will give you a whole lot more light into this issue. G. Luck.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennay413 View Post
labrinthitis? Which is Inner ear vertigo?
There are many names, and kinds of inner ear stuff, labs is one, BPPV is another one, MAV even as it involves the brain counts as another, Meniere's Disease(one of the tough ones), and so on.

I labeled Inner Ear, because I suffered from some labs like episode, and the symptoms posted seem like a perfect match for inner ear stuff.

Now the cause, it's almost as hard to find as it is in Neuropathy, the difference is that, the brain can compensate better for Inner Ear Damage(nerve), even if it's permanent(as it is in many cases), than for the nerve damage of Neuropathy, which is really hard to treat and control, as you may read in all our posts here.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
(female)

wga HB User

I have IIH and My symptoms where bascially every symptom of a brain tumor without the brain tumor took me 23 drs and people telling me I was crazy before I started getting tunnel vision and a eye dr took a scan of my retina and found that I had pressure on myoptic nevers so went in for mri to make sure it wasnt a brain tumor and wa la it was IIh.. you diff need a mri.. z packs can cause tingling is a side effect.... first you need a retna scan (35$) and then if your optic nerves look like a "valcano" they will send you for a mri to see if it is a brain tumor or IHH... on my mri my brain was literally squeshed because of the spinal pressure my iih was dew to weight gain.. I had lost weight and it went away but recently gain 10pds and it back most iih is weight related but as we all know most of the cause sare unknown good luck to you...

Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #5
(female)

venusinfurs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor27 View Post

Hi. I'm new to this board. I have Occiptial Neuraglia, from a multi-herniation in my cervical spine. I suffer from the same symtoms you were describing, and it really caught my attention when you mentioned numbness in your hands as well as the feelings you get in the back of your head, including dizziness. Just curious if you've seen the neuro yet and what she/he has said.

Goog Luck to you. I hope they find out what's wrong!

Leslie

Closed Thread