It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
(male)

Niitro HB User
Has anyone passed out while eating?

I know this sounds completely crazy, but here's the story. When I take a bite of food (usually happens with bread) and swallow it, sometimes I start to feel very lightheaded. Its not like normal lightheadedness, it also seems like I'm not getting enough air even though its not hard to breath at all or anything. This does not occur when I'm eating too fast or too much at a time, and probably only occurs once or twice in a typical week. Generally, drinking water will almost completely get rid of the feeling right as I swallow it. I've never thought anything of this...until now.

I was at my friends house eating mac and cheese when I felt the lightheadedness coming (I was eating standing up), so I began to walk over to get water and right as I swallowed another bite of mac and cheese that I had been chewing, the lightheadedness completely overtook me, I quickly felt myself losing consciousness and I passed out. On the way down I hit my head hard on a chair and the impact woke me up after about a second, but I didn't feel the actual impact. I was completely out for about three seconds.

Since then when I'm eating I always make sure to have water on me, but recently I have been getting close to passing out again (I get lightheaded and immediately stop eating and drink a little water) and it eventually goes away. Either way, I'm very scared that its going to happen again and if anyone has any idea what this could be it would be very appreciated =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
(female)

kind1 HB User
Re: Has anyone passed out while eating?

Please talk with your family doctor to get some routine tests including blood work, a ct (painless) scan or such. Your dr may want to refer you to a neurologist in order to rule out seizure disorder by way of a (painless) test known as an eeg (electroencephalogram) or such. Please do make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can and be well.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
(male)

ThePoolPlayer HB User
Re: Has anyone passed out while eating?

I have been having what seems like the same thing but I'm not sure it is. I have never passed out but feel a little light headed or buzzed if you will sometimes and only sometimes when I eat. I haven't been able to pin mine down to a certain food though. Can you keep me posted on your progress. Thank you.

Closed Thread