It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

hutchy82 HB User
Labyrinthitis - is anyone else suffering like I am??

Hi,

I dont often post things on message boards, but feel inclined to do this, as I know there will be someone out there who understands what I am going through.

I am 28 and have two small children, and am married, my husband and I are going through a really bad patch, and are seperating, and i think the stress is what has brought this all on!

I woke up one morning 8 weeks ago with a strange noise in my ear, and havent been the same since, at first the light headed symptoms were easy to cope with and like when your ear pops I just thought it would go away, but as the week passed, it got worse, i couldnt even get up some days, and was sooo tired all the time, i just wanted to scream as my head just felt "weird" and i couldnt explain what was going on.

The doctors were no help to me, telling me to rest, but after lookin on the internet at others stories, I knew this wasmt only gpoing to last a week or so. I look up some VRT exercises, and started doing them, and felt well enough to leave the house., and for a few weeks felt slightly normal (by normal I mean better than I did)

but the past couple of days I am back to feeling light headed, going to the shops is the worst, i feel almost out of breath and the lights and noise sensation makes the dizziness worse. I havent been out socially since this has happened, and am so depressed, I cant do the things I would have done with the children, and am my wits end with it all!

Can anyone recommend anything, or just give me some hope that I will feel normal again? x

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: hutchy82
jackgeorge (12-14-2010), kburroughs (12-15-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
(female)

jackgeorge HB User
Wink Re: Labyrinthitis - is anyone else suffering like I am??

Hi, just to let you know that you are not alone and that I am suffering like you. I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis about 11 weeks ago and have not been able to work since has have felt dizzy and balance has not been good. It is getting me down as there seems to be no end in sight. My head constantly has a feeling of pressure in in it and my neck and back ache to varying degrees. Im not taking any meds for the lab as have read that taking them for too long can prevent the brain from naturally compensating. My doctor did prescribe an anti-depressant as I was becoming anxious and he did not want the anxiety to cause the dizziness to worsen. I am having some better days but every time I think that it's going it seems to return. I am hoping that it will go very soon and that I can return to work soon, I think I must try and make myself go to work. I hope that you feel better soon, I too have three children to care for and am trying my best. wishing you well.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #3
(female)

TempleofGod HB User
Re: Labyrinthitis - is anyone else suffering like I am??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchy82 View Post
Hi,

I dont often post things on message boards, but feel inclined to do this, as I know there will be someone out there who understands what I am going through.

I am 28 and have two small children, and am married, my husband and I are going through a really bad patch, and are seperating, and i think the stress is what has brought this all on!

I woke up one morning 8 weeks ago with a strange noise in my ear, and havent been the same since, at first the light headed symptoms were easy to cope with and like when your ear pops I just thought it would go away, but as the week passed, it got worse, i couldnt even get up some days, and was sooo tired all the time, i just wanted to scream as my head just felt "weird" and i couldnt explain what was going on.

The doctors were no help to me, telling me to rest, but after lookin on the internet at others stories, I knew this wasmt only gpoing to last a week or so. I look up some VRT exercises, and started doing them, and felt well enough to leave the house., and for a few weeks felt slightly normal (by normal I mean better than I did)

but the past couple of days I am back to feeling light headed, going to the shops is the worst, i feel almost out of breath and the lights and noise sensation makes the dizziness worse. I havent been out socially since this has happened, and am so depressed, I cant do the things I would have done with the children, and am my wits end with it all!

Can anyone recommend anything, or just give me some hope that I will feel normal again? x

You dont need to panic. I have been feeling same for the past one year. Read my sorry: In November 2009 i was having a strange sound in my left inner ear that was so uncomfortable, i couldn't hear clearly with the affected ear. I went to see a medical Dr. that prescribed some drugs for me and promised the sound was going to go off. About three month later, i started feeling as if everywhere is spinning with a heavy blurred vision & lightheaded. I visited an ENT Dr. that prescribed some drugs for me. I have been on these drugs for the past 6months now. The only improvement i have now is, no much blurred vision again and no more sound in my ear again. I am always feeling lightheaded, spinning & a time some part of my body will be Numb especially at night when I lie down to have my rest. Please I need someone to give me words of comfort and what to use to cure the spinning & lightheaded feelings, because i am always feeling as if Iím going to die anytime. I donít want my kids to lose me soon. Thank you.
I have been on: Giloba 1x2 daily, stugeron 1x2 daily, stemetil 1x2 daily, Neurovit Forte 1x2daily, Ciprofloxacin 1x2daily, Emvite Super 1x1daily

Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
(female)

TempleofGod HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchy82 View Post
Hi,

You dont need to be panic. I have been feeling same for the past one year. Read my story:
I am 32, In November 2009 i was having a strange sound in my left inner ear that was so uncomfortable, i couldn't hear clearly with the affected ear. I went to see a medical Dr. that prescribed some drugs for me and promised the sound was going to go off. About three month later, i started feeling as if everywhere is spinning with a heavy blurred vision & lightheaded. I visited an ENT Dr. that prescribed some drugs for me. I have been on these drugs for the past 6months now. The only improvement i have now is, no much blurred vision again and no more sound in my ear again. I am always feeling lightheaded, spinning & a time some part of my body will be Numb especially at night when I lie down to have my rest. Please I need someone to give me words of comfort and what to use to cure the spinning & lightheaded feelings, because i am always feeling as if Iím going to die anytime. I donít want my kids to lose me soon. Thank you.
I have been on: Giloba 1x2 daily, stugeron 1x2 daily, stemetil 1x2 daily, Neurovit Forte 1x2daily, Ciprofloxacin 1x2daily, Emvite Super 1x1daily

Old 01-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

I would suggest that all of you get vestibular rehab, or see an otologist for a more indepth diagnosis.

Secondly, in the UK there are support groups for people with vestibular injuries. I would suggest try one out for advice and comfort.

There ARE many people who have made it though labs, hang in there and start vestibular rehab ASAP!

Closed Thread