It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
(male)

Deekon HB User
Anyone Dizzy in the House?

Hi everyone,

I am posting here for the same reason as everyone else... to get a date! Oh wait sorry I thought this was an online dating site. My bad. Oh wait since I am here I might as well introduce myself. My name is Deekon and I have been dizzy/off balance for 5 months. It all started when I returned from a trip to Hawaii. My first symptom was not being able to focus my eyes when looking at my computer, then one morning I woke up and felt off. It felt like I was falling backwards when I walked and had these sudden jolts of being pulled side to side. i freaked out after a few days and went to every doc I could find. 3 Gp's 2 ENT's Cardiologist, neurologist, eye doc etc... I had my blood tested for every condition and disease, low blood sugar, pressure etc. My hearing tests were good. My heart looked good and i saw it on an ultra sound which was cool. I had a CT scan of my head and lungs, all clear and finally a brain MRI and there as nothing.

For a few months I just went about my business and at times I felt that it actually went away. But I still have issues focusing, I have light sensitivity and the two worst and strangest symptoms are I feel like my feet are off balance when I stand still and sometimes and I get a quick true vertigo sensation sometimes with visual stimulation.

I have never had any other symptoms, they haven't gotten worse and have actually gotten a little better. But it's driving me crazy. I have developed anxiety because of all this. My biggest fear is that I won't ever get better and won't be able to live a normal life. Then I start to think about all the things I won't have and get really upset about it.

I decided yesterday that if I am going to have to deal with feeling this way, then well I am going all the way with it. If I am going to be dizzy and off balance then well I am going to do it outside in public or climbing a mountain whatever. I am not going to sit here and suffer alone and feel sorry for myself. I no longer care if i pass out in bars, at work or at supermarkets which of course I have never done.

I know a lot of you have it a lot worse than me and I am going to continue to post here with positive messages because heck it's better than feeling crappy. But does anyone else have similar symptoms? I'd like to talk to you more about it. I don't feel this way constantly, mine is more episodes with the same triggers. unsteady when standing still in public, trouble focusing on computer screens or in dark or bright places, brief vertigo sensations with visual stimulation. Also I am not debilitated in any way. I go to work, to the gym run etc. Sometimes I feel crappy doing it but I can still do it.

Thanks for reading and I hope to cheer up as many people as possible.

Deekon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Anyone Dizzy in the House?

Deekon, two things you mentioned caught my attention: 1) light sensitivity 2) vertigo/dizziness.

Together, these symptoms point towards the possibility of Migraine Associated Vertigo.

I have two questions for you:

Are there are times when you experience absolutely no symptoms?

Do particular types of lighting (probably fluorescent) cause your symptoms of vertigo/dizziness to get worse?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I have a couple questions also. Are there any medicines? Is there a carbon monoxide tester in the house and if not has there been a blood test for it?

Last edited by sjb; 02-10-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
(male)

Deekon HB User

Thanks for your reply, the answers are yes and yes. Most of the time I feel fine. My dizziness is intermittent and passes in a few seconds. Flurorescent lights are killer for me. I saw a different doc this week and they actually don't think I have MAV or anything inner ear. I am getting an MRI to check for an acoustic neuroma, which is terrifing. I have actually felt pretty good in the last few days and at least with the MRI I will know what I am dealing with or not dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindarren View Post
Deekon, two things you mentioned caught my attention: 1) light sensitivity 2) vertigo/dizziness.

Together, these symptoms point towards the possibility of Migraine Associated Vertigo.

I have two questions for you:

Are there are times when you experience absolutely no symptoms?

Do particular types of lighting (probably fluorescent) cause your symptoms of vertigo/dizziness to get worse?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi you are welcome! The first post indicates an MRI was done will there be a second and if so why? Also what medicines are being used?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
(male)

Deekon HB User

The first MRI was done without contrast (insurance would not pay for it) so now I am getting one with contrast to see what we have. To me, my symptoms don't really match because they really only happen in crowded places or in bright lights. But either way I will have be happy to at least know what I am dealing with or be happy that I don't have a brain tumor. At least that's something right?

Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

HI if anxiety is relieved that way perhaps it contributes to health of heart.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
(female)

LLTd HB UserLLTd HB UserLLTd HB UserLLTd HB User

it's difficult for me to read alot right now, I tried but sometimes it just hurts my eyes :P so I may have missed this answer -

have you had a tilt table test done to see if there are any autonomic nervous system issues going on? I went from age 9 with fainting, dizziness, vertigo feeling lightheaded and some other things and didn't get an answer until age 42 - Autonomic Nervous System dysfunction which can be a lot of things.

may be worth mentioning to your dr

The Following User Says Thank You to LLTd For This Useful Post:
sjb (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #9
(male)

Deekon HB User

MRI was clear, no tumor. I am going to ask about the tilt table next. Man is this fustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMT033167 View Post
it's difficult for me to read alot right now, I tried but sometimes it just hurts my eyes :P so I may have missed this answer -

have you had a tilt table test done to see if there are any autonomic nervous system issues going on? I went from age 9 with fainting, dizziness, vertigo feeling lightheaded and some other things and didn't get an answer until age 42 - Autonomic Nervous System dysfunction which can be a lot of things.

may be worth mentioning to your dr

Old 05-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
(female)

dizzygal954 HB Userdizzygal954 HB User

i feeljust like you deekon, i been dizzy for 3 months and have no answers.

the dr;s are now saying they think its allergies. started me on claritin and some nasal spray, now a few days later im starting to feel lightheaded again (which is TOTALLY DEPRESSING) im starting allergy shots next week. all of my test have come back normal as well......im at a loss

i just feel like this meds they put me on are just a cover up for a few days and then symptoms come right back......i hate my life right now, i just want to be normal asap....seriously

Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
(male)

Deekon HB User

Hang in there DizzyGal, I have made improvments since I made this post. I still never figured out what's wrong with me, but I have been working on my anxiety and I feel better. I still feel off sometimes, but not as bad as before. I hope you find what's causing your issues and that you feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal954 View Post
i feeljust like you deekon, i been dizzy for 3 months and have no answers.

the dr;s are now saying they think its allergies. started me on claritin and some nasal spray, now a few days later im starting to feel lightheaded again (which is TOTALLY DEPRESSING) im starting allergy shots next week. all of my test have come back normal as well......im at a loss

i just feel like this meds they put me on are just a cover up for a few days and then symptoms come right back......i hate my life right now, i just want to be normal asap....seriously

Closed Thread