It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
(male)

zmogas HB User
Dizzy with no reason/when get up (not always)

Hi. I'm sometimes dizzy when I get up quickly, or just occasionally. Occasionally I mean, when sitting on a chair, watching a movie and just feeling dizzy with no reason. Or just walking and feeling dizzy with no reason. That doesn't happen often though, but it still does happen especially that getting up dizziness and it isn't good, because it's not normal.
I'm 19 years old male. If you need more details or other symptoms I might be feeling or something else - just ask. (mentioned if needed, because this is forum of dizziness)

What could be the cause?

Thanks.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

karik HB User
Re: Dizzy with no reason/when get up (not always)

I have this type as well whenever i suddenly get up i am dizzy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Does your dizziness make you feel lightheaded and close to fainting? Or does your dizziness feel more like spinning?

Is it mainly provoked when you change the position of your head (from laying to standing)?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
(male)

zmogas HB User

It's more like spinning, nowhere near fainting.

I've been watching movies while half-lying down on a chair today for about 30 minutes. After I got up, I was very dizzy. I sat down, I still am dizzy. That's for about 5 minutes now. My guess is I cut the blood flow to the brain or something similar this time. Just saying, might be relevant, might be not.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Since you experience vertigo, rather than lightheadedness, the symptoms are unrelated to blood flow.

So it sounds like you experience vertigo when you move your head from the reclined position, to the upright position. These symptoms match those of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). This is the most common cause of vertigo which is caused by tiny calcium crystals that collect in one of the balance canals of the inner ear. Treatment is very simple, and the cure rate is extremely high.

Judging by your particular symptoms, it is a logical conclusion that you have BPPV of the posterior canal. This can be treated with the Epley maneuver, however you must know which ear is the symptomatic ear.

If you are uncomfortable performing an Epley maneuver at home, you can talk to your doctor, and he/she will likely refer you to a knowledgeable physical therapist.

Closed Thread