It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
(female)

kimberly7171 HB User
Constantly Dizzy

Ok, maybe not exactly dizzy but more lightheaded and offbalance. The problem is there all day. Seems to be worse in bright lights but it still never goes away. My eyes get heavy, can't focus very well and my head feels heavy kinda disoriented. I have already have tons of bloodwork and all came back normal. I went to an ENT and he looked in my ears and suggested I have an MRI based on my symptoms. The MRI is scheduled for this Friday. I am scared to death of course thinking the worst. How do you know if it's inner ear related of brain related? Are there distinguishing symptoms? I know I just never feel good and always a little "off". I have never fainted or fell down but sometimes feel like I might. Also, this feeling happens if I'm walking, sitting and sometimes laying down. This has been going on for years of and on but recently it has been almost 24/7. I guess the MRI will tell me more, but I was hoping for some advice from others that have dealt with it and what your diagnosis was? Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to kimberly7171:
harlow57 (10-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to kimberly7171 For This Useful Post:
Becky2012 (04-29-2012)
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

NCmama234 HB User
Smile Re: Constantly Dizzy

I feel the same way you do - almost 24/7. There is no rhyme or reason as to why I feel like I do when I do. I have eliminated sugar and salt because my ENT thinks I might have Meniere's Disease. I have been to GPs, ENTs, chiropractors, have an appt with a neurosurgeon and a neurootologist and have had my hearing checked and an MRI. Nothing has been found yet. I have tried a diuretic to eliminate the fluid the ENT thinks is in my inner ear contributing to dizziness. All that did was make it impossible to move because I was so dizzy. He claims he has never seen anyone have those adverse reactions to a diuretic. All I can say is that being dizzy day in and day out is getting old. Mine has been happening since November 1st. I have had problems off and on since 2007 but now it is constant. I feel your frustration and have no advice for you. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. Good luck and keep us updated with what you find out.

The following user gives a hug of support to NCmama234:
harlow57 (10-26-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to NCmama234 For This Useful Post:
Becky2012 (04-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Constantly Dizzy

You said:

"Seems to be worse in bright lights but it still never goes away. My eyes get heavy, can't focus very well and my head feels heavy kinda disoriented."

Given this information I would suspect Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV). This condition is overlooked by many doctors, and you do not need to have migraine headaches to get MAV. I would discuss the possibility of this with your doctor, or see a Neurologist. It is difficult to give advise over the internet with a limited amount of information, but this is what I would do if I were in your position.

There is no need to be scared for the worst because dizziness/vertigo is the third most common complaint in primary care and the majority of causes are highly treatable. THe MRI is just standard procedure.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
(male)

harlow57 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Constantly Dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly7171 View Post
Ok, maybe not exactly dizzy but more lightheaded and offbalance. The problem is there all day. Seems to be worse in bright lights but it still never goes away. My eyes get heavy, can't focus very well and my head feels heavy kinda disoriented. I have already have tons of bloodwork and all came back normal. I went to an ENT and he looked in my ears and suggested I have an MRI based on my symptoms. The MRI is scheduled for this Friday. I am scared to death of course thinking the worst. How do you know if it's inner ear related of brain related? Are there distinguishing symptoms? I know I just never feel good and always a little "off". I have never fainted or fell down but sometimes feel like I might. Also, this feeling happens if I'm walking, sitting and sometimes laying down. This has been going on for years of and on but recently it has been almost 24/7. I guess the MRI will tell me more, but I was hoping for some advice from others that have dealt with it and what your diagnosis was? Thanks!

Old 10-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
(male)

harlow57 HB User

hi kimberly...hope your better? Just to let you know i've been this (dizzy or lightheaded) for about 36 years or so,,,i've had mir's cat scans blood tests diet changes..nothing works i'm taking 25mg meclizine 3 or 4 times a day.
It masks over the problem...hope everything goes well with you in yor life & you get better soon.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #6
(female)

wellyoulookfine HB Userwellyoulookfine HB User

Hi Kimberly.

Your symptoms sound very like mine also. I have a friend who suffered from Menieres disease and she was literally falling all over the place and suffering nausea etc. I always felt like a fraud compared to her because my feeling is pretty vague and difficult to describe to anyone not suffering although it is there 24/7. Just so you know, i completely understand how you feel and how much it actually affects your life and how tiring it is. Good luck x

Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 AM   #7
(male)

wellnessquest HB User

Just curious to know since you posted this, how your dizziness situation is going ?
What did they find, MRI results etc.

Closed Thread