It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

MariaPatricia HB User
Peripheral Vestibular Disorder + Vertigo + Mild Left Vertebrobasilar artery swelling

I have been experiencing double vision since 2001.

At first I thought it was just related to vitreous gel problems I had, but the double vision did not go away. In addition, I had some dizziness but it was minor and not serious.

Then recently, I started experiencing dizziness with nausea.

In Feb. 2011, I went through a ENG, BAER, and two MRIs (brain and inner ear).

Last week, my neurologist revealed that the BAER was normal, but the ENG was abnormal with both ears involved resulting in vertigo and nystagmus.

The inner ear MRI revealed a mild left vertebrobasilar artery elongation and swelling possibly impacting CN VII (facial nerve) and CN VIII (auditory nerve).

Then my neurologist then made the startling admission that I could have carpel tunnel syndrome that could be causing the dizziness although I have no problems with my wrists. Like what? He wants me to undergo an EMG where he pokes my left side with needles.

Anyway, he also wants me to use the balance machine, which I did in 2003 and 2004 with no favorable results. It did not help the dizziness nor my balance. That would be a waste of time.

So, I wonder, will the PT only allow me to use the balance machine, or will he utilize other modalities to relieve the vertigo (affecting both ears)?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
(female)

MariaPatricia HB User
Re: Peripheral Vestibular Disorder + Vertigo + Mild Left Vertebrobasilar artery swell

I am seeking another neurologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread