It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

missjaimes HB User
Lightheaded and need your advice please!

Hi, I'm a new member and new to all boards and blogs for that matter. I have came to the point where no doctors seem to can help me and I don't know what to do to help myself either, so, I would like the advice of others; You!

Please tell me what you think I could have going on here or if you experience similar feelings. Also, I'm not sure if I am even in the correct place to post this as I don't have any "diagnosis", just symptoms at this point.

Since October of 2010, I have felt a constant lightheaded feeling as if I could loose consciousness. I've begun to think that I may not be conveying my symptoms well enough and that is why doctors can't seem to figure this out. I honestly feel like I am dying, it's awful. That is the last thing I want to do and I am trying everything in my power to feel better. So, I guess a list of my feelings/symptoms are....

lightheadedness
feeling like I could pass out
shortness of breath
chest pressure
sometimes a foggy/fuzzy head feeling, kind of spaced out or something

Anyways, long story short, I began at the primary care doctor and since then have seen a neurologist, ENT, cardiologist, pulmonologist, been to the emergency room several times all with no real answers. If you have any ideas or suggestions, I am open to all your advice and comments.

Thank you for reading.

The following user gives a hug of support to missjaimes:
cosmos2011 (04-09-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Lightheaded and need your advice please!

Hello and welcome to the Health Boards. I hope we can steer you in the right direction.

Do you experience these symptoms all the time? What provokes them?

Were you symptomatic when you visited these doctors? How much testing did they do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2011, 06:52 AM   #3
(female)

missjaimes HB User

Hi and thank you for responding and I hope that you can steer me in the right direction, I would be forever greatful!!

"Do you experience these symptoms all the time? What provokes them? "

Yes, I experience the symptoms all the time no matter what time of day although some days are worse than others. I have not been able to correlate anything to my feelings as far as food, motion, etc. so, I can't say what may be provoking it.

"Were you symptomatic when you visited these doctors? How much testing did they do?"

Yes, I was symptomatic when I visited the doctors. The testing I've had so far includes multiple rounds of blood work, an MRI of my brain to rule out tumors and MS. I had some ear tests performed to check the internal auditory canals and they all came back clear. I had the echo of my heart as well as the heart stress test both of which came back fine. I had an upper endoscopy for some other issue i was having (right side pain) and so I do have a small ulcer but while she was in there, tested me for celiac disease and I don't have that. The neurologist performed a nerve shock test, I don't remember what it was for, but the results were normal. I recently had a chest xray and ct scan to check for edema or pulmonary embolism and those both came back fine.

I am out of ideas. I wonder if a food allergy or an endocrine/hormonal issue could cause my feelings. I can't wait to figure this out and feel better again. Thank you for your time and concern!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
(female)

dizzygal954 HB Userdizzygal954 HB User

i have been having the same thing as you adn no dr;s can figure it out at all.

they think its my allergies so i started shots a few weeks ago, but im still lightheaded 24/7, at times it gets worse.....

total loss of appitite

any news for you?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjaimes View Post
Hi and thank you for responding and I hope that you can steer me in the right direction, I would be forever greatful!!

"Do you experience these symptoms all the time? What provokes them? "

Yes, I experience the symptoms all the time no matter what time of day although some days are worse than others. I have not been able to correlate anything to my feelings as far as food, motion, etc. so, I can't say what may be provoking it.

"Were you symptomatic when you visited these doctors? How much testing did they do?"

Yes, I was symptomatic when I visited the doctors. The testing I've had so far includes multiple rounds of blood work, an MRI of my brain to rule out tumors and MS. I had some ear tests performed to check the internal auditory canals and they all came back clear. I had the echo of my heart as well as the heart stress test both of which came back fine. I had an upper endoscopy for some other issue i was having (right side pain) and so I do have a small ulcer but while she was in there, tested me for celiac disease and I don't have that. The neurologist performed a nerve shock test, I don't remember what it was for, but the results were normal. I recently had a chest xray and ct scan to check for edema or pulmonary embolism and those both came back fine.

I am out of ideas. I wonder if a food allergy or an endocrine/hormonal issue could cause my feelings. I can't wait to figure this out and feel better again. Thank you for your time and concern!!!
I am not a doctor but I am just going to pass a few ideas around. First of all, is it possible that some of your symptoms (lightheadedness, passing out, shortness of breath, chest pressure, and foggy/fuzzy head feeling) are caused by anxiety, as a reaction to the dizziness? I believe that your dizziness is probably not caused by anxiety, but since dizziness causes anxiety, its possible that some of the other symptoms are from anxiety. Now onto the questions you answered.

1) Your symptoms are chronic, thats what I thought.

2) You should ask for an ENG test if you havent had one already. It measures the function of the inner ear.

Its possible that this is related to an allergy or hormones, because these can trigger other health conditions.

Have you discussed migraine associated vertigo (MAV) with a doctor? Its quite common, and it can explain many of the symptoms you experience. Its overlooked by many doctors, and many people go undiagnosed.

Closed Thread