It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
(female)

JOG1151 HB User
Does Anyone Else Feel Like Gravity is Pulling their head/body to one side or the othe

My first symptom, 2 months ago was the room started spinning after I sat up in bed. Same thing happened the next morning when I was in the shower.

I had several other episodes since, not as severe, Usually happened when I walking more than just a few steps (like in the supermarket)...my eyes got jumpy, things started spinning, and I felt off balance...like I was walking on a rocking boat or in a fun house.

The dizziness has pretty much subsided, now my major symptom is feeling off balance, like something is pulling my head in different directions. Tolerable when I am sitting or laying down...very scary when I am walking.

My MD and Neuro said it sounds like BPV. My MD said these things go away in about 6 weeks. It has now been 8 weeks since my 1st symptom.

Does this sound like BPV? I am waiting to schedule an MRI with the Neurologist.

Will this eventually go away on it's own like my MD stated? What is the normal time frame?

Any info appreciated.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Does Anyone Else Feel Like Gravity is Pulling their head/body to one side or the

It sounds like it could be a case of BPPV. Some cases go away on their own, but some don't. But there is no need to wait and hope for symptoms to subside because conservative treatment options do exist. The Epley maneuver is the best treatment for common cases of BPPV. You can lookup the maneuver on the internet and practice it on yourself, or see an ear nose and throat doctor if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread