It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

Mylastresort HB User
Dealing with this for 2 years now...

Hello. Any help and I would be eternally greatful.

I'm new here, but not new to what I have been dealing with daily now for over 2 years.

I'll start with how it started. In August of 2008 I went to Yosemite. Everything was great. Life was perfect. I went rock climbing, fishing, hunting, I had no sicknesses of any kind outside of the occasional headache.

A day back from Yosemite, I am out with my friends seeing the movie Funny People. Midway through the film, I got a headache like no other. The worst headache I have ever had before in my life. I left midway through the movie and my girlfriend drove me home. I got a shower laid down, took two Tylenol and went to bed. I awoke to a nightmare. The next morning when I awoke I had a weird sort of lightheaded feeling. It was a spaciness feeling that I wasn't all the way here. Like I was kinda still dreaming. That was only the beginning...........I went to work, came home and the symptoms were still there. Super bad lightheaded. Then I had a super bad panic attack, I couldn't breathe and was rushed to the emergency room. I was stuttering, slurring words, dizzy, twitching, just out of it. They diagnosed me with panic attack, gave me a CT Scan and sent me home.

Next day, my symptoms became chronic, and has been chronic to this day...

These are the symptoms I wake up with and deal with on a daily basis some worse then others...

Dizziness. (all day)
Lightheadedness. (all day)
Confusion
Poor concentration(all day)
Twitching
Ear Ringing
Spasms in head
Spasms in arms and legs
Slurring of words(all day)
Stuttering
Headaches
Migraines
Chest Pains
Clogged Ears(all day)

Note. I experience each symptom every day not all day, but at times. I noted the ones that are all day.

Up until recently headaches haven't been an issue, they just started to give me issues as I have been dealing with them on a more regular basis. Very tight pains on the top of my ears, and behind my head.

My diagnosis...

Well I don't really have one....I have seen...

ENT.
Neuro.
Dentist.
Eye Doctor.

I have had 3 MRI's. 2 CT Scan. Ct of Temporal Lobes. Xray of sinuses. All Negative. 1 MRI with contrast negative.

Numerous blood tests with fasting.

Doctors have all told me....STRESS. I am not stressed. I've never been stressed. BUT, I went along with it. I have taken...Valium, Zanax, Lexapro, Zoloft, and Prozac all in heavy doses for 4-5 months at a time different times. No results. I actually felt worse.

Right now, I am currently taking Topamex for headaches which doesn't work, and Valium once every two weeks.

Any help would be great!

I am at a loss here.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

mkmoh HB User
Re: Dealing with this for 2 years now...

Oh my gosh, I really feel for you! Has anyone ever brought up the possibility of vestibular migraines or migraine associated vertigo? Basically, it's a type of migraine where you don't necessarily get the headache pain, but you get dizziness. Sometimes you'll get the headache before, after, or not at all, but the dizziness is the main symptom. I guess they can be pretty chronic--either they last a long time, or they keep triggering themselves over and over. I don't know if they could account for all of your symptoms, but I know that migraines can cause trouble with speech.

Like I said, I feel for you big time. It's so frustrating having something that takes over your life and not even having a name for it. I've been having ALMOST the EXACT SAME symptoms for over a year and a half. It's actually a little creepy, because I took a trip to Yosimite about the same time you were there (September 2008)--how weird is that? But my symptoms didn't start until a year later (Sept 2009).

Anyway, my most recent diagnosis was the possibility of vestibular migraines and/or anxiety, but like you, I don't feel anxious--just really super tired of feeling like hell. I've taken some meds that are supposed to prevent the migraines, but they haven't helped yet...really I'm not sure if the diagnosis is correct, but I thought I'd share with you since your episode started with a terrible headache.

Good luck to you in finding some sort of relief or solution!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

With the list of symptoms you provided, and your history of headaches, the possibility of MAV needs to be discussed with a neurologist.

Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #4
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

I kind of knwo how you feel, i have been dealing with some of the same symptoms which are constant for about 2 months now. I also have had every test under the sun done and they have no clue what is wrong. I do not understand how these doctors that have a license to practice and make thousands of dollars do not have an answer for me. It really makes me think about doctors! I t is so frustrating not know what is wrong with you especially when you know something is wrong but yet these "doctors" tell you otherwise. I am a straight A fulltime student or should i say i used to be since all this i rarely make it to class. I also have a soon to be 2 year old daughter who i am missing otu on very much, i am not able to play with her like i used to or take her anywhere in the car because i am afraid to drive with her. The only words i have for you is to keep trying to get answers, that is what everybody is telling me. Good luck!

Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
(female)

tammychastain39 HB User

Hi i only have a few of these symptoms and i hate it. I am also new here as well but i have the dizziness headaches and pressure and the ringing in the ears as well and they always feel clogged too. I wish i had an answer for this but i have no insurance so i am just going to suffer i guess.

Closed Thread