It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
(female)

dgrenier1 HB User
Dizziness, inability to concentrate, pressure in the eyes

Hi all....I've been having these symptoms for a few years now. It comes on for however long it may last, i.e. a few days up to months. My eyes feel swollen, but they are not dry. When I try to concentrate on anything in front of me or work at the computer I feel extremely dizzy and like gravity is pushing down on me. My ears and entire head feel very full. I always think that I will be fine tomorrow and wake up feeling exhausted still and mildly dizzy. I feel like it is coming from my eyes itself, but I can't tell. I haven't been sick and my lens prescriptions are supposedly still okay and I'm not in need of anything new. I had blood work and scans in the past and nadda. I work for myself as a medical transcriptionist and I cannot function at all. I can't concentrate or stand to sit at this screen. If I push it I am so nauseated that I have to lay down and sleep. I'm a single mom with two boys. I haven't been able to work for a few days now. I'm at my wits end because I know this may last for a very long time and I can't be out of commission like this. It affects every single solitary thing I do and I'm tired of feeling like I'm crazy.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Dizziness, inability to concentrate, pressure in the eyes

It does not sound like a cardiovascular or vestibular problem. I would consider the possibility of a central-related problem. However, I am not a doctor, just a fellow vertigo sufferer.

I would recommend seeing a Neurologist who can examine for the possibility of a variation of migraine or any abnormal cranial masses. If the Neurologist visit is inconclusive, visit an ENT. The ENT will be able to check for a vestibular-related cause, or even sinuses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

dgrenier1 HB User

Thank you so much. I will definitely do that ASAP. I appreciate your response. I feel so alone here and it's like no one takes it seriously, so the reply alone makes me feel so much better.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Many people, family practice physicians included, do not understand dizziness and hope that time alone will cure the problem. But there is help available for the majority of cases, but it is crutial to see the right type of doctor because as you know, there are many different potential causes to dizziness. I hope my experience will be beneficial to you.

One thing you may want to think about and discuss with your Neurologist: Do you currently suffer from headaches? Have you ever suffered from headaches?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
(female)

dgrenier1 HB User

That's the thing...I usually have no headaches at all. At first, I thought it was eye strain since I am at the computer basically 90% of the time. I can tell the difference between my eye strain and this type of thing now, however. My eyes simply just have a ton of pressure on them like a vice grip and then I'm dizzy. I wake up in the morning and my eyes are puffy as if I had been crying, but they are not dry at all. My contacts slip on and off. It is a lot of pressure around the entire eyes, sinuses and frontal area of my head. My head feels very full and I have the inability to concentrate on things, read things, and I'm extremely dizzy when I scan in all ranges of motion. When I stand up I usually will tilt to the side and I often bump into door jams or will need to catch myself. I do not feel like things are spinning, just that I am off-balance. The only time I feel any better is if I am lying down in one spot. I feel completely fine until I am up walking around, trying to read or work. I will definitely check in with the neurologist I used to work with as she is the one who saw me in 2008 when this first started as a first step and then an ENT doc. There has to be a reason why I am waking up like this and not developing it further into the day after doing computer work or visually strenuous activities. The only solace I have (which may sound silly) is that I wake up with puffy eyes, so I know that this is not something I am making up, which is what my primary made me feel like before; hence, I do not see him anymore.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Ddd you get a diagnosis? It sounds like MAV, and thats probably what I have.

Closed Thread