It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User
Please HELP

Hello I am new to this site but I am willing to try anything at this point. I have been sick now for 7 weeks straight. I have gone to many doctors and hospitals looking for answers. From the minute I wake up in the morning unitil the minutes i go to bed I am off balance, nautious, and i dont know if i would call it dizzy but more or less a motion movement. I am at my witts end with it because I feel as if it is ruining my life. my grades are dropping in school, it has destroyed my intership, and I am just not my chipper self. Every doctor has a different answer for me some say is it vertigo and some say it is not. I do not know what I am suuposed to do from here to go back to having a normal life!!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User
Re: Please HELP

No i did not ever have any ear pain, when i was little i had many ear infections which then demanded I had tubes put in. I was fine after the tubes and all of the doctors says they can see the scarring in my ears from those but that would not have anything to do with how i feel. I am seeing an ENT now and my first visit was last week he didnt seem to concerned but he doent life how i feel everyday. I am scheduled for the balance/ ear disorder test i guess its call this week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

No, i do not believe so. What kind of test do they do for that?

Old 04-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by realman89 View Post
Did you have ear pain before all these symptoms started? If you did it could be an inner ear infection and if your eardrum ruptured it will cause the dizzyness.
What you are referring to would actually be a middle ear infection (otitis media), not to be confused with an inner ear infection of the labyrinth (labyrinthitis).

Bellasmom1, vertigo is a symptom, not a condition. If you feel like you are moving, spinning, etc, then you are experiencing vertigo.

There are many different potential causes to vertigo, from either a central or vestibular origin. The most common include an inner ear infection, BPPV, MAV, etc... The test you will be receiving next week (probably ENG and/or VNG) will be the first step towards finding the cause of your symptoms. An appropriate method of treatment can then be pursued.

Good luck.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

Thank you so much ichbindarren, hopefully this test gives us some answers. It is just really aggervating not knowing what is going on in your body. The ENT told me i did not have vertigo that maybe it was meneires. It is all so confusing to me but thank you!!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Vertigo/dizziness can be a frustrating symptom to work with because the doctors cannot simply see the cause. This is why it is so important to see a doctor with experience in treating the disorders that cause these symptoms.

On a side note: Meneires disease does cause vertigo. However, you do not have Menires disease because the vertigo caused by this condition does not last longer than a day or two. Additionally, there are a host of other symptoms which you would experience with Meneires disease, none of which you have mentioned.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

That is what I thought I did not believe it was menieres, but then lies the problem that the ENT said I do not have vertigo so I am extremely confused. I just want it to go away, im praying I will wake up one morning and feel normal again. I think something else is wrong I do not think it has anything to do with vertigo because I do not have a spinning sensation at all. Well just once I did.

Closed Thread