It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
(male)

odysey HB User
Dizziness - visual??

Hey All,

Well it seems there are a lot on here that have some awful symptoms and I feel for everyone as I completely understand. Just wondering if anyone has this and can assist...here goes:

About 3-4 months ago now I was at a shopping centre and had an intense pain all of a sudden in the front of my head, loss vision for approx 2 seconds (felt like things were spinning) and finally came too. From there, had an onset of nausea which passed. From then on, I have had dizziness 24/7. 3 Days later I had an interstate trip so was on a plane for about 2 hours - no pain though. A week later I had an episode where I thought the credit card machine in front of me was moving, but this passed after approx 20-30 seconds. The next day I had another plane ride (heading home) - again this was 2 hours, but no pain. The dizziness hasn't stopped since then. I have had issues along the way with being anxious, but I know this because I was "getting used to the feeling", hence scared me a few times.

When I enter a shopping centre, or an office, etc I now get an onslaught of dizziness to the point where the front of my head feels like its being ripped in two. When I head outside, the dizziness settles down (never disappears), however, the headache subsides to a dull pain. Because of this, I haven't been in a shopping centre much (only if I absolutely have to) and its extremely difficult going to work - if at all.

I have been to a Neurologist and had a CT and MRI/MRA/MRV however nothing to explain. I saw an ENT (whom I believe either didn't believe me or doesn't have expertise in the inner ear) who said " I don't know - you should go to this ENT to go to a balance clinic". I have another appointment with another ENT whom will try and send me to an Otoneurological Diagnostic Centre (in Adelaide, South Australia).

I had thought it was MAV, however I thought MAV was episodic (which mine isn't - its constant). Its such a wierd feeling - its almost like my eyes are fighting with the rest of my head (or vice versa).

Thoughts / Comments - anyone wish to shed some light

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Dizziness - visual??

I second your suspicions of MAV. Actually, MAV isnt necessarily episodic, it has been documented to cause continuous symptoms such as you are experiencing.

I would recommend seeing another Neurologist, but it wouldnt hurt to go to the Otoneurological Diagnostic Centre also just to make sure that there are no other problems.

Last edited by bindar; 04-27-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

Plane Jane HB User
Re: Dizziness - visual??

I was so sorry to read your story as your symptoms seem quite severe. I was diagnosed recently with BPPV but am going for a CT scan, bloodwork etc to rule anything else out. What I found interesting about your story is that you feel better when you're outside and so do I. When I am inside anywhere for too long, I have to go outside or I start feeling very dizzy and my vision becomes unaligned, like you are describing. Reading other posts, I am wondering if you might have Migraine Associated Vertigo? I don't know and I don't even know for sure what I have but I used to get migraines..but the odd thing is before my first vertigo episode, I had not had a migraine in years. Of course the worst thing about everyone's stories in this forum is the lack of a sound diagnosis and being made to feel like it's a psychological thing by some doctors. Up until this, I have been extremely healthy all my life and all of a sudden onset vertigo. What the hell? I wish you luck in your journey for a solution and was also wondering if you've been to an optomertist to have your eyes checked...just in case. I know it's like finding the perpetual needle in a haystack.
Best wishes,
Plane Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by odysey View Post
Hey All,

Well it seems there are a lot on here that have some awful symptoms and I feel for everyone as I completely understand. Just wondering if anyone has this and can assist...here goes:

About 3-4 months ago now I was at a shopping centre and had an intense pain all of a sudden in the front of my head, loss vision for approx 2 seconds (felt like things were spinning) and finally came too. From there, had an onset of nausea which passed. From then on, I have had dizziness 24/7. 3 Days later I had an interstate trip so was on a plane for about 2 hours - no pain though. A week later I had an episode where I thought the credit card machine in front of me was moving, but this passed after approx 20-30 seconds. The next day I had another plane ride (heading home) - again this was 2 hours, but no pain. The dizziness hasn't stopped since then. I have had issues along the way with being anxious, but I know this because I was "getting used to the feeling", hence scared me a few times.

When I enter a shopping centre, or an office, etc I now get an onslaught of dizziness to the point where the front of my head feels like its being ripped in two. When I head outside, the dizziness settles down (never disappears), however, the headache subsides to a dull pain. Because of this, I haven't been in a shopping centre much (only if I absolutely have to) and its extremely difficult going to work - if at all.

I have been to a Neurologist and had a CT and MRI/MRA/MRV however nothing to explain. I saw an ENT (whom I believe either didn't believe me or doesn't have expertise in the inner ear) who said " I don't know - you should go to this ENT to go to a balance clinic". I have another appointment with another ENT whom will try and send me to an Otoneurological Diagnostic Centre (in Adelaide, South Australia).

I had thought it was MAV, however I thought MAV was episodic (which mine isn't - its constant). Its such a wierd feeling - its almost like my eyes are fighting with the rest of my head (or vice versa).

Thoughts / Comments - anyone wish to shed some light

Closed Thread