It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 03:02 AM   #1
(female)

silentwriter HB User
Unhappy Spacing Out

Yesterday my husband and I went out to lunch and afterwards to a supermarket. My husband (62) was driving his van and he was trying to backup into the space. He was trying to backup into a space and then all of a sudden he appeared to be spaced out. I was trying to talk to him and he did not respond. He does wear hearing aids but if I have the van window shut, he can hear me. However, this time he DID NOT hear me. He just kept starring out the window and saying nothing. It looked as if he couldn't figure out what do do next. I then started raising my voice and telling him to put it in reverse, but there was still this blank stare on his face. He scared the hell out of me as my husband is NEVER sick and sees the doctor regularly for his cholesterol check up as it is somewhat high. After about two minutes he finally put it in reverse and backed into the space. I was scared to bring this up to him yesterday but I was more scared not to. When I told him what had happened, he didn't reply. (but that's my husband's way of ignoring me) I then raised my voice somewhat as I thought he couldn't hear me properly and then he said to me "Yes, I know that it happened". That was a WOW moment for me as he never admits to any medical problems. As I said he is in great shape and the only thing going on with him medically is his cholesterol. I proceeded to tell him that if he didn't tell the doctor about this that I would. He didn't say anything to that either but later on he asked me NOT to say anything to the doctor as he was afraid he would take his license away by calling the DMV...now this really SCARED me to death! Has this happened before? I have no idea since he has never mentioned it to me before. He does have an appointment with the Dr. this month and I am praying he tells him what is going on. I'd appreciate some feed back. Thanks so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Spacing Out

This is not the correct section of the forum for this question, but nonetheless an important topic. Although he doesn't like to talk about it, I think he should start by telling you more about the experience. If I understand correctly, he completely froze for about 2 minutes? If that's the case, I would want to see the doctor sooner to rule out the possibility of a serious cause.

Closed Thread

Tags
blackout, depersonalization, dizziness, spaced out, tia