It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

Windsongs HB User
Question new here;) dizzy after earwax was removed...

Hello,
I am new here and this is my first time posting
I had my ears cleaned out, which my primary doctor never mentioned to me during my annual exam just one month prior to this whole issue.
when he cleaned my ears out, he stabbed me a few times which made me scream, but soon afterwards I had no more clogging and was very relieved. He did an hearing test and said I had hearing loss.
he ordered and eng test and a table one as well...a month went by, still yet to get my tests due to insurance issues I had more watery feeling and I was back to have more removed...he told me the first time he never seen so much ear wax buildup and I was his worse case ever...ugh.
the second cleaning, left me really really dizzy, so much I now feel drunk, I had some dizziness before he did the second cleaning, right after the first, now he says I may have a possible brain tumor and ordered an MRI.
I honestly don't feel that is what is going on myself...I had no dizziness before he cleaned my ears out the first time...he had me close my eyes and march in place in which I had trouble with and I turned to the right side when I opened my eyes...my hearing loss is on the left side.
I feel confused, I have no vision, headaches or nausea...its just hearing loss and dizziness, in which I add I had no issues with before my ear cleanings...
any feedback is greatly appreciated and I thank you from my heart in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User
Re: new here;) dizzy after earwax was removed...

the only thing you should ever put in your ear is yourELBOW..of course it wont fit, and thats the point, never put anything in your ears. If you need them cleaned, use warm oil drops, and the wax will melt towards the opening to be wiped with tissue on a finger...Otherwise, go to chemist and buy ;'waxsol" drops, which gently eats the wax away...sounds to me like you have a perforated eardrum, which may or may not heal...they can remain deaf...it means a busted eardrum. try warm oil drops (preferably codliver or fish oil as it nourishes the ear, and soothes it also).. and get another doctors opinion, for good measure.

The following user gives a hug of support to nightingale00:
Windsongs (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

oh, and dizzinesss is associated with middle ear infections, so maybe the damage is there, or a germ has crept in..

The following user gives a hug of support to nightingale00:
Windsongs (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
(female)

Windsongs HB User
Lightbulb Re: new here;) dizzy after earwax was removed...

Thanks for your response and ideas...it was the NET dr who did this, not me...I figured since he was the dr here, he knew what was best for me...the thing is I was never dizzy before he unclogged my ears...and he never even apologized or seemed remorseful she. He cleaned out my ears...now I have terrible dizziness all the time,l I am having an eng test on july 5th, I have deceived not to have done in light of triking things over now.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
(female)

Windsongs HB User
Lightbulb Re: new here;) dizzy after earwax was removed...

Thanks for your response and ideas...it was the NET dr who did this, not me...I figured since he was the dr here, he knew what was best for me...the thing is I was never dizzy before he unclogged my ears...and he never even apologized or seemed remorseful she. He cleaned out my ears...now I have terrible dizziness all the time,l I am having an eng test on july 5th, I have deceived not to have done in light of triking things over now.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #6
(female)

yes, start the oil as its gentle and soothing. will help with healing, do it at night esp, and stuff a little tissue over hole to stop oil running away too much.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:59 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

During the ear cleaning, did you have to put your head in any strange positions you dont normally do?

Do you have pain in your ears now, since he poked the inside of your ears? Do you have ringing in your ear(s)?

The ENG test will be useful, especially given the presence of hearing loss in one ear. This test will greatly narrow down the possible problem.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #8
(female)

Windsongs HB User
Smile Re: new here;) dizzy after earwax was removed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindar View Post
During the ear cleaning, did you have to put your head in any strange positions you dont normally do?

Do you have pain in your ears now, since he poked the inside of your ears? Do you have ringing in your ear(s)?

The ENG test will be useful, especially given the presence of hearing loss in one ear. This test will greatly narrow down the possible problem.

Thanks for your reply!

No I just sat in this chair and was told to sit still...no odd movements or anything lee like that...I really am glad to hear that the eng test will show more! I hope it shows ear damage, cause I really don't want to take a MRI test, I suspect metal could be in my body from sugerys or other cases....

Closed Thread