It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

Scoobydoo77 HB User
Accupunture!!!

I used to come to these message boards all the time looking for help and answers!! I suffered from ear problems, headaches, balance issues, brain fog, dizziness, anxiety and so on. After 7 years of dealing with a million tests and dr visits not to mention money about a month ago I started having acupuncture done. I can not tell you how much better I'm feeling! I feel that I have most of my life back after all this time. I totally suggest giving it a try if you have tried everything else. I do not like needles but you can not see them so I was fine. I have been going for just over a month now for a total of 4 times. She asked if I had been tested for a B-12 deficiency and I have not. She said that can be a main cause of dizziness. Insurance did cover a portion of my visits. If anyone has any other question please let me know. Its hard to type everything and get a post to everyone there is just so many board out there! I totally recommend if you have some weird problem with your body and no dr can figure it out....try Acupuncture!! Take care and good luck to everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scoobydoo77 For This Useful Post:
BUNKIE10 (07-02-2011), wolfcafe (08-08-2011)
Old 07-11-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
(female)

Scoobydoo77 HB User
Re: Accupunture!!!

Im over a month into my treatment and still feel great! Im finally getting my life back! Yay! I recommend trying acupuncture! I have energy now and don't mind going to do things away from home now. It was hard to just go to the store I would feel horrible and would have to hurry so I could get home. The only medication Im currently taking is flonase for my allergies. My ears haven't felt better either. Its just unbelievable, I was pretty much to the point that I was going to be sick the rest of my life and was going to deal with it. It has also helped me with other things as well. When I was in 5th grade (Im now 34) I woke up and could not turn my next. Dr's told me oh its just stiff you have to move it around to loosen it up. Since that day I could not turn my head to the right all the way. I did not say a word of this on my first acupuncture visit. I left there being able to turn my neck and didnt have the horrible pain that I had since 5th grade!! Its just crazy!

I see lots of people have read my first post and no one has commented! I really hope everyone will give it a try! Insurance does cover some of it too!

I had gone to 5 different ENT's, a neurologist, had the series of balance tests done twice (including the chair test), 2 or 3 hearing tests, tried antibiotics galore, and migraine medication, lots of blood work and who knows what else, oh and went gluten free for awhile too!!! My dizzy and ear problems have been going on for 7+ years!! Every Dr I saw....."you are fine, there is nothing wrong". I was tired of no one knowing what was wrong so I gave acupuncture a try and I couldn't be happier.

Good luck to everyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User

Scoobydoo - it's great you have found an answer to your health issues! I have had accupuncture for TMJ, tempormandibular joint (jaw) syndrome. My therapist since moved away and I've not found a new one yet. But it really helped relax the muscles in my face, jaw and forehead. It's not scary, as Scoobydoo said, because you don't see the needles unless you want to, and it is a *****, not a stab. Then you just rest for a pre-set time, and that's it.
If you have health problems and seem to have tried everything, accupuncture could help.

Paddy
TMJ, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, transformed migraine, carpal tunnel,
deQuervaines, chronic sinusitus

Old 08-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

Hello, I have recentley been considering accupuncture but i have so many questions and concerns about it. Let me start off by telling you I am 24 years old, a fulltime student, a mother to a beautitful 2 year old. For 6 months now I have been extremely ill with serious balance issues, nausea, TMJ, headaches etc.. I have seen a neurologist, ent, optimologist, cardiologist and even a psychiatrist. I have had an MRI of brain with contrast, ct of brain and chest, ekg, holter heart monitor, echocardiogram, and many more all came back negative. I went to my dentist for a cleaning and she said it sounds like tmj and she made me a night guard which i have been wearing for about 2 weeks now but i hav not seen no change in the balance stuff. So I am at my witts-end and want to try accupuncture. Where so they put the needles? Everywhere? Or do you tell them where? Do you bleed from this and how much does it really hurt? I do not understand how it works, maybe you can give me a step by step of what they did on like your first appointment?? Thank you

Old 08-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User

Greeting's Scooby!

It was great reading your post on the benefit's of accupuncture!

Yes, I believe many folks could benefit from this ancient form of medicine.
In fact, your words of sharing were quite impressive and I am gonna
make an appointment with the local practitioner of this form of medicine
soon.
Good Health Wishes to you!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #6
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User

Great post Scooby! Thanks....Maybe many could benefit from your suggestion.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
(female)

Scoobydoo77 HB User

They put the needles in all different areas depending on your problems. I wont lie some do hurt but not that bad. She put needles in my hands, fingers, feet, legs, back, head and even my face(between my eyes)! She feels around and she can tell by your pulse and touch what you have going on. Mine was all in the pelvis area where your main sense of balance is. I have no idea how many needles are used because you can not see them stuck in you! lol You will more than likely have to go several times. It changes for me Im waiting in between this time before I have to go back. I really think if you have tried everything else with no luck, give it a try! I even convinced my boyfriend to go last week. He was having bad back issues. He has even noticed a difference! Its just weird that someone can poke you with needles and make you feel better. I also have tmj but have had that way before all my balance issues started. Best of luck and I think everyone should give it a try. Go at least once and if you dont notice a change dont go back! Everytime I go, I notice more and more change! I can do stuff again! I hated leave the house! Best of luck to both of you and sorry I didnt post sooner!! Sorry just went an re-read your post! I did have two spots that bled the last time (in my tummy). Some of them do cause a little bruise.

Last edited by Scoobydoo77; 08-14-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Closed Thread