It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
(male)

Narcoleptic HB User
what type of vertigo, or what is this?

so, i get this weird dizziness when i wake up, maybe once a year. twice if im really unlucky.

and ive even skipped a few years without getting it.

but i seem to wake up, laying on my back, which i know somethings wrong then. then when i open my eyes, the... bull mess. just hits the fan...

my eyes start jerking over to the left, its never been the right.

but they start jerking very hard to the left, making it impossible for me to see. and they still jerk when my eyes are closed. and if i dare try to stand up, i feel like my brain is a marble in a bowl, just spinning out of control, and i fall down 2 seconds later.

so my only fix, is to pray that i can get back to sleep quickly, without vomiting.. and even after a full 8-10 hours of sleep that im waking up from, if i do fall back asleep, one time i slept for 13 hours longer. and when i wake up finally, i feel like i got hit by a truck. but the dizziness and eye thing is gone, but that sick feeling stays for 2-3 days, then im back to normal like nothing ever happend.

i used to sleep on 2-3 pillows, which i know was insane. i only sleep on one pillow now, that meant for side sleepers, which iam.

i have no idea why this occurs, and have never seen fit to see a doctor about it. as i would vomit all over the place in a matter of minutes. and it never stays long enough.

what do you think this is? is there anyway to prevent it? and what methods do you recommend when i wake up with it again, to help ease it? my only fix has obviously been to sleep. but i cant keep doing that.. as i have stuff to do every day. that i kinda cant miss.

thanks so much!

im 16 by the way, if that makes any difference.

sorry for the book. i just had to get all of this out =/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: what type of vertigo, or what is this?

When you experience these episodes, are there any other symptoms like pressure in your ears. ringing ears, or temporary hearing loss?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
(male)

Narcoleptic HB User
Re: what type of vertigo, or what is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindar View Post
When you experience these episodes, are there any other symptoms like pressure in your ears. ringing ears, or temporary hearing loss?
not at all actually, just the ones i listed. all but one time about 5 years ago or so, when i woke up with it. i had a migraine... i dont know what that has to do with it, as migraines run in my family... but i thought id add it in there lol.

Closed Thread