It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
(female)

inkerbelle HB User
Worsening orthostatic hypotension

Hello - I am a 33 yo female that has always had low BP (~90/70) and dizziness upon standing. Over the past year, I had about five fainting spells, usually correlated with migraine headaches. However, beginning about a month ago, I began to experience extreme dizziness upon standing every time I stood and would faint every time I stood. After a few days and few minor head injuries, I figured out just to sit down when I felt faint, and I've only fainted twice since, but every day now I cannot stand up without feeling dizzy and faint and any type of movement leads to a dizzy spell for which I have to sit down. My cardiologist told me to push fluids (I now consume about 4 L of electrolyte water a day) and increase salt intake. This has really done nothing, and each time I see a doctor and they check my BP, it has continued to fall. My new sitting BP is about 60/30. My pulse however always seems to be very high (110) and always feels like its constantly racing.

I have had adrenal testing (I show some signs of adrenal insufficiency, but the tests are not conclusive enough to warrant a diagnosis of this). My thyroid panel (TSH, FT4, T3, FT3) results are all in the low normal ranges. Electrolyte balance is normal, and EKG's are normal.

I am extremely fatigued, have severe muscle pain, insomnia, and still experience migraines and tension headaches, although these have decreased since I was able to get Botox injections for a condition known as chronic migraine (9 or more migraines per month). I have been dx with fibromyalgia in 2004 and also depression. I take medications to manage these conditions, and there is some incidence of side effects of hypotension from certain meds that I take. I have experimented in the past month with reducing the medications I can that potentially exacerbate this condition, but nothing seems to help.

I feel like my life is slipping away and I don't really know what to do or where to turn next. Since this came on very suddenly, I don't know if this indicates anything special or not. I would welcome ideas from others that have similar experiences and what diagnoses/tests/remedies have helped.

Thanks,
Marie

The following user gives a hug of support to inkerbelle:
lovineachday (08-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
(female)

sleepytee HB Usersleepytee HB User
Re: Worsening orthostatic hypotension

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to find how awful you are feeling AND that you didn't receive any words of wisdom from anyone. Maybe you should repost it. I have the EXACT same thing as you... I KNOW my low blood pressure is the source of everything. It makes sense to me that there's not enough blood getting to your brain with low blood pressure, then your heart has to pump harder, causing your heart rate to be high. I'm out of breath just walking a little ways, and my heart is beating like I ran a marathon. I am totally not functioning. Being treated for Depression (because I can't function at all), Fibromyalgia (pain from blood/oxygen not getting to my muscles), Chronic Fatigue, Headaches..... I think the answer is finding the FIX on low blood pressure. But, no answers yet. I had a heart ablation, for bad electrical problems with my heart. AND felt 100% better....for a short time. All the symptoms have come back. I'm afraid to do it again, because what if...something else was causing it (like the ritilin I was taking to just stay awake a few hours a day)...and I just have to keep doing it...
Good Luck

Closed Thread