It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

splilrgrl HB User
Dizzy Episodes Increasing

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have been searching for any type of information that I can find to help with my dizzy episodes in hopes that I can treat it, without medication. Finding the source would be great!

In 2007 I began getting dizzy around 3PM every day. It was to the point that I had to sit down. I would remain slightly dizzy for the rest of the day and then feel better in the morning. All to return the next afternoon. I was working in a daycare center and in an unhealthy relationship so when the doctor diagnosed me with anxiety I didn't argue. I am a fairly anxious person and can get overwhelmed easily, not to mention there is a family history. I was prescribed with 20 mg of the paxil generic, paroxotine.

I took the medication on a daily, regular basis for 2 years. I was feeling so good that I quit taking the medication slowly. I'd skip a few days here and there. Then I quit taking it all together. I would get occasional dizziness and take the medication. I would feel better within a few hours and not have another spell for a few weeks to a month. I did this for about a year. I understand the medication doesn't work like this so I am confused why it seemed to work for me.

This continued for about a year until it became more and more often that I was dizzy. I once again had found myself in a stressful job and stressful/unhappy situation. I went to a doctor (new one, living somewhere new) and she told me to try taking the paxil daily for 3 months and then see how I was feeling. In that time I made big changes, moved back to Denver, closer to family, made healthy lifestyle changes and found an awesome job. I am feeling great, except, despite the fact of all the life improvements and taking the paxil as prescribed I am so extremely dizzy!

Just a few weeks ago I went to a new doctor, explaining all of this to her. She increased my daily dose to 40 mg. I AM STILL DIZZY! This is so frustrating! My insurance pays for 4 doctor's visits a year and I have already used 3 (2 for a broken ankle and 1 for the dizzy) so I am determined to make my next appointment a worthwhile one.

Has anyone had any of the same symptoms? Any different diagnosis? I am open to all types of treatments. I am currently trying to get 30 minutes to an hour of walking at a fast pace in 5 days a week and yoga 2-3 times a week.

I am 5'7" and 200lbs.

Dizziness: It happens on occasion, pretty much daily now. If I don't get enough sleep it is way worse. It almost feels like an all over tingle that comes in waves. I don't feel like I have a vertigo issue. I have a hard time completing thoughts when I have having a spell. I also have difficulty concentrating or carrying a conversation. Going into very busy places makes all of this worse.

Any help is appreciated!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Re: Dizzy Episodes Increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by splilrgrl View Post
Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have been searching for any type of information that I can find to help with my dizzy episodes in hopes that I can treat it, without medication. Finding the source would be great!

In 2007 I began getting dizzy around 3PM every day. It was to the point that I had to sit down. I would remain slightly dizzy for the rest of the day and then feel better in the morning. All to return the next afternoon. I was working in a daycare center and in an unhealthy relationship so when the doctor diagnosed me with anxiety I didn't argue. I am a fairly anxious person and can get overwhelmed easily, not to mention there is a family history. I was prescribed with 20 mg of the paxil generic, paroxotine.

I took the medication on a daily, regular basis for 2 years. I was feeling so good that I quit taking the medication slowly. I'd skip a few days here and there. Then I quit taking it all together. I would get occasional dizziness and take the medication. I would feel better within a few hours and not have another spell for a few weeks to a month. I did this for about a year. I understand the medication doesn't work like this so I am confused why it seemed to work for me.

This continued for about a year until it became more and more often that I was dizzy. I once again had found myself in a stressful job and stressful/unhappy situation. I went to a doctor (new one, living somewhere new) and she told me to try taking the paxil daily for 3 months and then see how I was feeling. In that time I made big changes, moved back to Denver, closer to family, made healthy lifestyle changes and found an awesome job. I am feeling great, except, despite the fact of all the life improvements and taking the paxil as prescribed I am so extremely dizzy!

Just a few weeks ago I went to a new doctor, explaining all of this to her. She increased my daily dose to 40 mg. I AM STILL DIZZY! This is so frustrating! My insurance pays for 4 doctor's visits a year and I have already used 3 (2 for a broken ankle and 1 for the dizzy) so I am determined to make my next appointment a worthwhile one.

Has anyone had any of the same symptoms? Any different diagnosis? I am open to all types of treatments. I am currently trying to get 30 minutes to an hour of walking at a fast pace in 5 days a week and yoga 2-3 times a week.

I am 5'7" and 200lbs.

Dizziness: It happens on occasion, pretty much daily now. If I don't get enough sleep it is way worse. It almost feels like an all over tingle that comes in waves. I don't feel like I have a vertigo issue. I have a hard time completing thoughts when I have having a spell. I also have difficulty concentrating or carrying a conversation. Going into very busy places makes all of this worse.

Any help is appreciated!!!!
Hi Spililgrl - Sorry you are having so trouble. I will tell you my experience and hope it is something else you can check on. During my teens I started getting dizzy frequently. It usually felt as though I were falling backward. My problem was due to stomach ulcers. I was diagnosed at age 20. Since then whenever I feel the kind of dizziness I do what needs to be done to calm the ulcer. I've had many, many ulcers but now know how to control them much better.

Does your dizziness have anything to do with eating times? Are you going too long without eating. Besides the ulcer possibility you may have blood sugar problems so that would be something to get checked too.

Hope this helps a little anyway. Hope to hear from you again as to how you are doing. Hugs, lobolee

Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
(male)

markavelli HB User
Re: Dizzy Episodes Increasing

I am currently dealing with the same thing too. But i have something else going on as well (possible meningitis).

Just like lobolee mentioned, food can be a source. My ear-nose-throat Dr. asked about my salt intake. He said most his patients have a high-salt dinner prior to waking up with vertigo. Perhaps this might help. He also mentioned how you could've been eating something your whole life without knowing you are allergic to it...and the side effect is vertigo.
Also, i assume you've been to an ear doctor?? That is where the vertigo comes from. My doctors are going to give me an MRI of my inner ear next.....

Closed Thread