It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

blakesmom911 HB User
Feeling Hopeless and dizzy

I am (was) a totally health, active 30 something, single mother with a great job. A few months ago I had a terrible faininting spell that landed me in the ER. I had a bunch of test and they ruled out anything serious. I've never gotten myself back together since. I am being treated at a diziness center using Phsycial Therapy but I still have this chronic sense of off-balance. Sometimes, the off-balance gets so ad I think I might faint again, which inturn causes me panic/anxiety. I don't know what's worse...being dizzy or the fear of having a dizzy spell/fainting. They are equally madning.

I've tried Mezeline, Zoloft, Paxil, Valium and my Dr. currently put me on Xanax. The Xanax is working to control dizziness but when it wears off, I have terrible trembling and worse diziness. I now have severe depression, I think from the Xanax, but maybe frustration too. I am not generally a depressive person. I have only been on xanax for 4 weeks or so, but i feel helpless to try and get off but sick when I'm on.

I'm totally lost!! I'm calling my Doctor again on Monday but I don't know even know what to say anymore? I still feel like the crap, the Xanax is horrible but it's the only thing I have right now! Ugh.

Any hope, or ideas? I think I'm going to feel like this forever and I can't do that.................Thanks.

The following user gives a hug of support to blakesmom911:
wolfcafe (08-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Feeling Hopeless and dizzy

Its difficult to give accurate advice over the internet, and im not a doctor. But lets give this a try.

Did the physical therapy help? Or did it make your symptoms worse after 1-2 months?

Have you ever had a bad headache even once in your life?

I ask about headaches because a condition called migraine associated vertigo. MAV is a common and underdiagnosed cause of dizziness, lightheadedness, imbalance, and other neurological symptoms. Anxiety frequently follows this condition. Do some research on MAV, and talk to your doctor about it. Ask for a neurology referral if necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
(male)

Krazy1 HB User

The same thing happened to me in July! They don't know what it is. My heart, brain, ears and neurological system are great but I still feel terrible. Hang in there. You are not alone.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
(female)

missjaimes HB User

possibly look into POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), orthostatic intolerance, neurocardigenic syncope, etc if you have not.

I suffer from several dysautonomia conditions and dizziness/pre-syncope is my main complaint.

Closed Thread