It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User
Chiropractor

Hello, I am wondering if anybody has gone to a chiropracter for vertigo(not the spinning sensation, more off balance)? I have been reading a lot of article in which individuals were at their wits end like the rest of us and seeked sucessful help from chiropracters. I am just wondering if this worked for anybody else before I wasite my time with another doctor who can not help me! Please let me know and advice you have. Thank you

Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Chiropractor

Hi Bellasmom1,

I just came to update you on your other post about cervical vertigo and saw this post.

It's been a week today that I went to the Chiropractor and I haven't had one single problem...except like I said in the other post about getting a little dizzy the next day when I bent my neck down to pick up the cats bowl...but that was the only dizziness I've had since going to Chiropractor ( knock on wood ).

I did everything he told me...don't lay on the couch, used moist heat on my neck, shoulders and upper back for 4 or 5 days and I have a special pillow that I've used for years...I'll try to explain it...it sort of has a well where your head goes and there's a raised part that goes underneath your neck to support it....he told me you could get the same effect using a normal pillow and just roll up a thin bath towel and put that underneath your neck.

Of course there's no way to be 100% certain that it'll work for you, but it sure did help me.

Here's wishing you luck and please let me know how things are going with you...I know being dizzy sure isn't any fun!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
(female)

Bellasmom1 HB User

Thank you sos much for your response!! Excuse my mind for forgetting but what did you exactly have done by the chiropracter? And did he diagnose you with the problem?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

Irockalot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellasmom1 View Post
Hello, I am wondering if anybody has gone to a chiropracter for vertigo(not the spinning sensation, more off balance)? I have been reading a lot of article in which individuals were at their wits end like the rest of us and seeked sucessful help from chiropracters. I am just wondering if this worked for anybody else before I wasite my time with another doctor who can not help me! Please let me know and advice you have. Thank you
I have been wondering the same thing. I think I have Mal de Debarquement, a perception of constantly floating, bobbing and swaying which throws off your balance/equilibrium. (I'm new to this site but have not found this syndrome discussed here. If it is, please let me know.) Anyway, I know a chiropracter who is telling me I should come to have an adjustment. He thinks it will help. I also would like to know if others have had any experience with this.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
(male)

kelsoanim HB User

I went to a chiropractor for several months last year, mostly for neck pain and lightheadedness. Overall it was a good experience, but I'm really not sure if there have been any real lasting changes in my health. The adjustments only last for a few minutes, and then I did neck traction on a treadmill for a half hour. I did this, plus some exercises and a neck pump (home traction device) at home for a few months.

It wasn't a bad experience, but I'm not really sure it's done anything permanent or made any changes to my condition. It certainly didn't cure my lightheadedness/fatigue spells, and correcting my posture throughout the day has probably helped more since the visits than the adjustments ever did.

It should be mentioned that Chiropracty is considered by many as "alternative medicine". The American Medical Association has boycotted it in the past and many of it's claims and techniques have not been proven in science based testing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

This is just my opinion of course. Chiropractors may be helpful to others and it's always worth a try, it may help reduce some of your symptoms. Just don't expect it to be a miracle cure"

Last edited by kelsoanim; 08-24-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
(female)

Irockalot HB User
Smile Re: Chiropractor

Thanks - that is pretty much the feeling/opinion I have as well. Just wondered what others thought.

Closed Thread