It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
(male)

Krazy1 HB User
Woozy and lost...

On July 18th I collapsed at work. Went to ER and they kept me for observation of my heart. Well, after going home and them back 2 more times, they determined my heart is in great working order.
Then they decided it must be an inner ear issue so off i go for a vestibular battery exam and an MRI on my head. Everything with that checks out.
Then I went to see a Neurologist and they ran a more extensive panel of blood work. My MPV, BUN, Glucose and Alkaline Phosphatase were low as sated in the letter they mailed me. Nice.
They're lovely letter says that according to these readings, I may be at risk for kidney disease.
They still want to do a tilt-table test just to rule out other stuff too.
I am so tired of feeling like crap!! Any advice????

The following user gives a hug of support to Krazy1:
wolfcafe (08-08-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to Krazy1 For This Useful Post:
Pat TN (09-16-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Woozy and lost...

It would be beneficial to classify your symptoms in the most detailed manner possible.

Do you feel symptoms constantly?

What makes the symptoms better or worse?

Do you feel false motion or spinning?

Do you feel lightheaded or dizzy?

Do you get headaches?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
(male)

Krazy1 HB User

Yes symptoms are present all the time. Nothing improves or makes them worse. I feel really drunk ALL the time and I don't drink because I don't like being drunk. I feel all washed out and I have no energy.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy1 View Post
On July 18th I collapsed at work. Went to ER and they kept me for observation of my heart. Well, after going home and them back 2 more times, they determined my heart is in great working order.
Then they decided it must be an inner ear issue so off i go for a vestibular battery exam and an MRI on my head. Everything with that checks out.
Then I went to see a Neurologist and they ran a more extensive panel of blood work. My MPV, BUN, Glucose and Alkaline Phosphatase were low as sated in the letter they mailed me. Nice.
They're lovely letter says that according to these readings, I may be at risk for kidney disease.
They still want to do a tilt-table test just to rule out other stuff too.
I am so tired of feeling like crap!! Any advice????
Hi! Yeah, that is horrible to experience. Plus all those medical tests are
probably no fun too.
I just wrote a small personal tale of my horrid experiences with VERTIGO on a new thread. Maybe a moderator will post it soon. You may wish to read my
few words of input on the subject.
For some folks there is a definite connection with what we eat and the
Candida Albicanis (yeast spores) leaving the gut and becoming systemic
in one's body. One of the many symptoms of Candida over-growth is
VERTIGO.
Not too many regular MD's recognize this ailment. Wholistic MD's do, and
also Naturopathic physician's.
Perhaps you might even locate Candida Rx sites on the web and read about
this, and the simple treatments that can be very successful (if one does
have systemic Candida Albicanis that is).
Wishing you success on your good-health journey.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfcafe For This Useful Post:
Krazy1 (08-08-2011), Pat TN (09-16-2011)
Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Candida is controversial. I was thinking something more like MAV, hypoglycemia, etc....

A very important question that was not answered, have you ever had headaches in your life? (they dont have to be recent, think back to your adolescent years)

Old 09-16-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
(male)

Krazy1 HB User

So the Neurologist says that he believes that I may have experienced a fever in the past which may have possibly damaged my inner ear, but not to the point where it shows up on imaging. Now, IF in fact the inner ear IS damaged, it may be telling my brain to tilt my neck funny to compensate for the damage.
Consequently, it appears that I have some major neck and upper back problems that are manifesting in a stiff neck and making me very dizzy and woozy. He feels that it is bulging disc in my spine which is also causing strength and mobility limitations as well.
Just had 3rd session of therapy and it seems to be making a dent in the discomfort but the dizziness is still there. The Neurologist also believes that I am experiencing migranes in the form of dizziness rather than pain.
I guess I'll see what happens.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
(female)

Jen1967 HB User

Any luck yet in getting a diagnosis? I have been having the issues since August of 2010 with no help. I was also told migraines that show up as dizziness. I don't feel the room spinning, no nausea etc.... just waves of my brain feeling dizzy like I am over medicated on cold medicine.

Let me know how you are doing.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
(male)

Krazy1 HB User

THank you! Ok, I have been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondolitis which is an aggressive arthritis that is slowly fusing my spine together. The conditions symptoms include pain wooziness and extreme fatigue, aside from a ton of other lovliness.
I'm also battling a c-diff infection too. It;s gone. Then it's back, etc etc. I did find a guy on you tube that got the same wooziness I did. Thanks for checking back. Hope you get better soon.

Closed Thread