It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

kar9511 HB User
Had a Seizure 5 weeks ago, still sick PLEASE HELP

I'm 28 and had a seizure 5 weeks ago. I was at work when it happened. I remember waiting to talk to my boss and the next thing I know, I wake up in the ER. I didn't bite my tongue, foam at the mouth r urinate myself. My boss told teh doctors I hit the ground and started shaking.
Both my EEG, CAT scan and MRI (with and w/o contrast) came back normal. My doctor put me on Amitriptyline 10 mg and has me increasing it weekly.
Yesterday I was at work (I'm the Host Manager at a restaurant) and it was very hot and busy. I started to get sweaty and all of a sudden the room started spinning frantically and the next thing I know I was sitting in a chair and my boss was standing in front of me. I have no idea how I got there.
Here is the thing. I've been having these episodes since the seizure and nothing is hlping.
I also have a history of migraines for 8 years, had 5 ulcers and shingles this year and last year I had the SWINE Flu. I can't seem to get healthy let alone stop this new dizziness. Can anyone help me?

The following user gives a hug of support to kar9511:
wolfcafe (08-08-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
(female)

wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Had a Seizure 5 weeks ago, still sick PLEASE HELP

Greeting's....Sounds like you have experienced some awful health pit-falls so young in life.

I hope you can eventually find yourself a great doctor that can assist you with your needs
in a good way. Vertigo alone is simply awful to have in any degree.
Hoping that you shall have a very healthy life in the not too distant future.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Had a Seizure 5 weeks ago, still sick PLEASE HELP

Did you get tinnitus or ear pressure? It sounds like the vertigo lasts only a short time, therefore Meneires is unlikely.

Eplileptic vertigo can cause the spinning sensation, but it usually only last 1-2 seconds. It sounds like your vertigo probably lasted longer than 1-2 seconds.

MAV is also a possibility, especially with your history of migraine headache.

I would consult a neurologist and make sure you ask about MAV.

Closed Thread