It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

Shilace HB User
Off balanced almost daily

I am new to this forum, and would love to have someone to talk to that suffers like me! The past 2 months I have been feeling off balanced and sometimes my eyes feel odd like marbles. The off balance is like being on a boat and I usually only get it when I'm moving! It started one day after I did my insanity workout (very intense boot camp workout) but it passed after I rested a bit. I've had it almost everyday since! I force myself to do my daily normal activities , trying to ignore it! The days I don't get it are glorious!! My dr. Thinks it could be related to my neck! I've had two accidents in the past 3 years involving whiplash and concussion. He thinks the strenuous workouts have made my neck worse! Can this cause u to be off balanced?? I am also on clonozapam for anxiety. Which reduces the panic a bit. But I was on it long before the off balanced feelings! I'm really sick of having this daily.
Shilace

Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Off balanced almost daily

Do you get dizzy when you lay down? Do you feel dizzier on one side when you lay down?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
(female)

Shilace HB User

No I dont really get dizzy when I lay down. If I do feel off balanced when laying its more so if i lay on my right side. But when Im moving around its more when I look to the left usually. Bending over to do tasks bothers me as well. I tried walking on the treadmill last night and it made me feel weird as well, the motion I suppose.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
(female)

Shilace HB User

I went to my family doctor and he put me on a medication for low blood pressure! I really don't think this is whatbis causing my off balanced feelings! Because I've had low blood pressure forever! Also I don't really wanna take the med cuz one of the side effects is dizziness!! I can't win! I'm going back on Monday to tell him I wanna see a ent dr. How does one cope till they find a solution??? Pls help

Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Ask for a referral to an ENT. It would be beneficial to be tested with the Dix-Hallpike maneuver, it is possible that you have BPPV.

Until getting proper treatment, ask a local pharmacist for an antivert medication such as Meclizine. It is a vestibular suppressant.

Im not a doctor, but I have been through this whole thing before... Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to bindar For This Useful Post:
Shilace (08-12-2011)
Closed Thread