It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

chrissyjayde HB User
feeling off everyday! someone help!

Im new to this forum.. so I will try my best to be detailed on my everyday things I go thru. This started in 2003 after I believed I smoked a dirty joint. (Laced weed) and I had gotten a severe migraine attack which caused the doctor to perform a spinal tap because he thought I had menengitis (i think that's how u spell it). That came out negative.. thank God. So my migraines persisted to b very painful.. they gave me meds that I don't remember and they went away..so i thought.. then all of a sudden I started getting really dizzy and feeling off balanced. Went to the docs and they diagnosed me with vertigo and depression.. they gave me zoloft for the depression and since it wasn't working I stopped taking it. But I don't remember taking anything for the vertigo. It went away after 2 mths with it. Then in 2010 after losing my job my activity level went down hill and noticed I started getting the vertigo back but it was extremly worse this time around. It came and went until recent months I have it from the moment I wake up till about 6pm. I take meclizine for the vertigo and now I get anxiety attacks/panic attacks so the ER prescribed me ativan for the anxiety. When I get the vertigo I feel like I'm on a water bed or boat. Like I'm stepping on marshmellows, I lean to one side more than the other, I hold my left hear cuz it feels really weird. I hold my neck thinking it would stop the wobble head sensation. My vision is like I'm looking at a movie kind like nothing seems real. I feel out of this world. Sometimes my speech is slurred or I feel really confused. Im been referred to see a neurologist and an ENT doc but with no ins it is very expensive so I just suffer with it everyday. I'm afraid to drive esp with my daughter in the car just in case I get a dizzy spell while driving.. I feel paralized in my own home. I just want relief and feel normal again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: feeling off everyday! someone help!

Given your history of migraine symptoms, vestibular migraine is a possibility.

Old 08-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
(female)

nj74 HB User
Re: feeling off everyday! someone help!

Is there a State program where you could go, sounds like an inner ear problem, Vistubular Imbalance type problem. There are exercises to help overcome Vistubular problems but the swimming part I don't know. Are you sure there is not some sort of Medicare or a University Hospital that you might be able to go to an ENT at? Best of Luck to you.

Closed Thread