It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
(female)

luisita HB User
Does anyone take topamax for MAV?

I am currently titrating up towards 100mg on topamax, i am on 65mg at moment and every time i increase the dose i always have worsening symptoms ie i become dizzier, more disequilibrium, more tingling hands and feet etc. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences the same? also is 100mg the max you can take for migraine or can you go higher? I can't really tell if it is helping me yet because i am always upping the dose and i have read on other forums that it can take a while to kick in any way. I would love to hear anybody elses experiences on this drug.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Does anyone take topamax for MAV?

I have heard that the ideal dosage for migraine or MAV is anywhere between 50mg-100mg daily. It is possible to go up to 200mg, but I think its uncommon.

How long have you been on Topamax?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
(female)

luisita HB User
Re: Does anyone take topamax for MAV?

I started it in the middle of June, i took 25mg for 1 month, 50 mg for 6 weeks (struggled a bit with side effects let them calm then upped the dose) now 65mg for the past two weeks.

Closed Thread