It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #1
(female)

justmarj HB User
BPPV spins gone-occasional dizziness remains

After 2 months my BPPV spins are finally gone but I still feel occasional unsteadiness and sometimes a feeling of dizziness inside my head like a head rush. Is this normal? I did all the exercises to get rid of the spins and it didn't help much so I think the spins just finally went away on their own. I don't understand why I still have this remaining dizziness, is there anything more I should be doing now?
Marji

Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
(female)

Simple Simone HB User
Re: BPPV spins gone-occasional dizziness remains

It's probably par for the course. I've had bouts of vertigo since I was about 19 ( I'm 50 now ) and I find that I'm pretty reliably left with some rogue dizziness or goofiness for a month or so after the actual spinning is gone. It's also possible that anxiety can be a factor, too...sometimes, I've found the post-BPPV attack anxiety to sometimes be more disconcerting and debilitating than the actual attack. Do you think that could be coming into play in your case? Mt experience with the various maneuvers is kind of iffy...sometimes they work, sometimes partially, sometimes not perceptibly. Hopefully, someone else will have better insight for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in those symptoms, and just knowing that may help mitigate some of the anxiety that may be a factor. Hope this helps...

The Following User Says Thank You to Simple Simone For This Useful Post:
justmarj (09-25-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

What BPPV treatments were you using? Did you repeat teh Epley maneuver several times on both ears?

If you did not respond to several Epley attempts, BPPV is unlikely. In that case, you need to see an otologist for further evaluation.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
(female)

justmarj HB User

I have been diagnosed with BPPV. I have had it in the past but never for more than 10 days. The Epley manouvers worked then after several tries. The other exercise which I think is the Brandt-Daroff helped this time but the Epley did not. My problem is with my right ear. What I am concerned about now is this leftover occasional dizziness not spins.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

I have heard of this happening in a few BPPV patients. I would recommend some vestibular rehabilitation therapy exercises. If you still dont feel better after 2 months of VRT, then ask your doctor because there may be an alternate diagnosis.

Closed Thread