It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User
help should I travel on plane

Hello I've posted on here a while back with all kinds of dizzy symptoms, I still suffer here and there from it, but function much better and can even go awhile not feeling dizzy at all. I have been tested for all kinds of things and all doctors and have never been diagnosed with anything except anxiety. Any how I haven't traveled on a plane since this started and I am sooo afraid to do it. what would happen to my dizziness if this is truly a inner ear thing? I dont know what to do? I can't imagine never flying somewhere because I'' always wonder if I can or not. Has anyone traveled on a plane with inner ear problems and got worse after because of it? Help I need some imput. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: help should I travel on plane

It depends on the type of problem. And without a diagnosis, it is hard to say whether flying will bother you.

You should be able to fly safely, but it is possible that you will notice an escalation in symptoms during or after. It just depends on whether you are willing to take that risk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

I just revisited your old posts. Have you considered migraine-associated vertigo?

If you have every had moderate-severe headaches in your life, or if you have a family history of migraine, this diagnosis would be very likely.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

I had migraines through out my 20's they were the ones with aroura I had vision problems squiggly lines in eyes then a pounding headache for rest of day. I don't have them anymore. And only get normal headaches. I don't think it MAV. But I'll ask Doc bout it. Thx for replying . 

Old 10-09-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

With the history of Migraine, MAV is very likely. It is very common for MAV patients experience balance problems during headache-free intervals.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User

Thx I'll definitely talk to my docotor about it. You've been very helpful.

Closed Thread