Hello All, I'll try to make this as short as possible.
I am a 27 year old male, In May of 2011 I went to DisneyLand and sat on a few rides to my knowledge there really is nothing crazy there as far as rides are concerned. the following month i took a road trip which was abut 4.5 hours long each way no issues there except for the usual ears popping as the elevation varies.
ever since the road trip my ears would feel like they needed to be popped, i read a link on google about to clean and make sure your eustachian tube is not clogged. (warm water, salt and a few drops of 4way in a netty pot) i tried this solution once or twice a day for about 3-4 days.
Ever since late June i have been feeling light headed with a really big episode that happened at work where i was just sitting down at my desk and i felt like i was spinning so fast that i was about to fall off my chair. I let it play itself out i felt like i was going to vomit but never did. from this point on i have had several attacks of dizziness. At the time i was dating my x girlfriend who also noticed that i would lean towards the left when i would walk. she finally conviced me to go see my doctor which i did. he asked me a bunch of questions and came to the conclusion that this is either related to my ears or i am dehydrated. i had blood work done and it came back perfect, no issues at all.
These episodes continued and i booked myself another appointment this time with a ENT specialist. he cleaned my ears with hydrogen peroxide. everytime he would put drops in there my head would start to spin like crazy.. his conclusion was labyrinthitis.... will he put me on anti-vert and a water pill. he said i should see a difference with-in a week or so. well its now been like 7 weeks and nothing has changed. this has caused a lot of emotional stress for me, it caused issues between my gf and i, she wouldnt really understand the situation so i had to take a break from that. this has kept me from going to the gym which i use to do 3-4 days a week.
i hope i can figure this out and get over it, its bee driving me crazy.
below are other symptoms.
- no headaches
- loss of appetite (for a period of about a week or 2, its now semi normal)
- anxiety (really severe for about 2 weeks, it has tapered off but still have issues with it)
- for some reason i keep needing to take deep breaths, (like the ones you take when you're stressing and it just feels really good to get a full load of air)
- i find myself yawing a lot
- sometimes i'll wake up from a nap or sleep and feels like my chest is pumping out of line (off beat, shaking)
- if i stretch in bed or at my desk my legs have a shaking sensation
- i get tingles in my hands and feet on and off while in bed
- ringing in my ears (happens OFTEN)
- left ear seems like it goes silent for a few seconds and comes back