It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
(female)

wellyoulookfine HB Userwellyoulookfine HB User
A question for the girls - TMI for the guys

I was just wondering how many female dizzies out there find their dizziness (whatever the diagnosis) gets worse around their period. For the last couple of months i have realised the dizziness gets worse a week beforehand and hellish during but reverts back to normal dizzy straight after.

I have had my hormones etc checked a few times over the years in the search for an answer to this vertigo thing and every test has shown nothing out of the ordinary.

I appreciate that any anxiety caused by the dizziness probably increases around that time of the month but for some reason i'm pretty sure that anxiety is not the sole cause of an increase in symptoms.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: A question for the girls - TMI for the guys

Have you ever had headaches during this time too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
(female)

No, i'm not generally bothered by headaches, so i'm sure it's not MAV related. Just a general worsening of my visual vertigo.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Im not a doctor, but I have done a lot of research in this area, and talked to a fair share of experts. There are very few causes of visual vertigo that are effected by hormone changes. Judging by your use of the word "generally", it sounds like you have encountered headaches at some point in your life. If this is the case, then you seriously need to think about a trial of Topamax, Verapamil, or Nortriptyline for 6 weeks. It could potentially change your life, you have nothing to loose. If you feel no different after trying a few medications, then you have ruled out the possibility of MAV and the list of possibilities will be very small.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
(female)

Bindar, my fault for not quoting parts of my previous posts but i have actually tried a few different medications for MAV in the past as well as dietary changes to exclude migraine triggers. I had no success whatsoever with either so i can say with confidence that it is very unlikely to be MAV. I have also done a lot of research on these problems as i have been suffering for 15 years - my post was really to try to establish what other girls have experienced at that time of the month. I used the word "generally" because everybody has headaches from time to time, it does not necessarily mean MAV.

Thanks for your input though, it is appreciated

Last edited by wellyoulookfine; 11-08-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Closed Thread