It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

dizzydippyDee HB User
Dizziness(labyrinthitis) or something more worrying?

Hi all this might be a little long winded so please bare with me, When I was around 25 I started to have what I would call funny turns(quick onset dizziness) that would stop me in my tracks where I would have to stand still until it passed which would last maybe a minute or 2, I had this over the years on and off not very frequent or anything that stopped me working or beging a mum, Then I became a new mummy to a beautiful baby

a few weeks after the birth I noticed I started to get quite server eye problems if I looked up and down I would instantly feel dizzy and have to hold onto something, even when looking down at the little one when feeding her I would have to pass her to my OH to take over as it made me feel very dizzy also started to get what I call head zaps, this lasted a few weeks then seemed to phase off, then in january this year I got a head cold runny nose ect, as I thought the cold was wearing off I started to get emmense pressure over the bridge of my nose and right on the top of my head like someone was pushing so hard down on my head that I wanted to pass out(although at no point so far have I ever passed out with any of these symptoms)

I went to the doctor who told me I had a sinus infection prescribed antibiotics ect took the course for 10 days seemed to ease off but never actually go..I went back several times with this pressure and ear complaints and ended up being on around 7-8 lots of antibiotics within around 5 months, then on mothers day in march this year we went out for a meal half way through the meal I became very hot and needed to get some fresh air, my body was shaking and I felt a tad faint..we finished our meals and went home..as we got to the front door I felt an extream pressure spasam in the lower of my back that seemed to push me forward after this it affected my walking very badly

my OH took me straight to bed after a few hours of sleep I woke and my walking had not gotten any better, infact worse than ever..I couldn't get down the stairs walk to and from the toilet even standing alone was a struggle head zaps returned with a passion and the pressure on my head came back OH called the doctor out asap where she did a few movement tests (eyes closed stand on one foot kinda thing) to rule out the possibility of a brain tumour, she prescribed me some strugeon tablets and said I probably had benige vertigo..since then in march I have been back and too my doctors every 2-3 weeks at first she kept sayin it was sinuses and to take a nasal spray (this did nothing) then she said I had anxiety and depression and gave me citalopram started it at a dose of 10mg then 20mg and now to this day im on 30mg(combi of 10 n 20mg)

I have been on these for 6 months with no avail although had side tracked some of the anxiety..I told her that the anxiety only started when the dizzy spells got worse as I was consantly worried I would be out somewhere and pass out lol..Since march I have had 2 full blood tests which were both fine and dandy went to see an ENT of which was rubbish he asked a few symptoms felt my head and said ahh you are having tension headaches and that was that..then returned to my doctor to say what had happened and she basically said well I haven't a clue what to do with you now which made me feel like she didn't believe what I was saying..so after this I googled some symptoms ect and printed off a long list of labyrinthitis symptoms which vertually described everything I had experienced at one point or another, (felling of the ground moving underneath you,the drunk feeling,pressures in heads,head zaps ect..) I took this too her and she said oh this is what we have been treating you for and then put me on betahisimine(serc tablets) 16mg 3xday alsong side the citalopram 30mg,these also have helped a llittle but nothing major..

now im at a lost as nothing seems to be working..All the symptoms I have had over the last 11 months are nose pressure,top of head pressure,neck strain,back strain,floor feeling like its makin me bounce/floor feeling like it is shifting quickly from underneath my feet, emense eye problems focus,shifters,looking at computer or starring makes it worse,tingling down left arm and numb little finger, more recently nose bleeds in right nostril started around 5 months ago out of the blue mainly always the right nostril but has occasionally been the left nostril but only slight blood in the nostril,these happen at least once every 2-3 weeks,ear fullness/slight high pitched ring then goes as quick as it came, clicking jaw also feels like jaw moves out of place, can't walk more than a few yards without the support of my OH

think this is all sooo please if anyone can shed some light on this as it has me all wound up and not really sure what to do as the doctors dont seem to help one bit..Just really want to get better now hate not being able to do anything thanks you all for baring with me on this regards Dee xoxoxo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Dizziness(labyrinthitis) or something more worrying?

Do you have a family or personal history of migraine headache or aura? You sound like a textbook case of Migraine Associated Vertigo. I would speak to a neurologist, and if they arent familiar with MAV, see a balance clinic.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 AM   #3
(female)

dizzydippyDee HB User
Re: Dizziness(labyrinthitis) or something more worrying?

Hi, Thanks for the reply, funny you should mention that, as when these symptoms started and my mum had seen how I was she said that after she gave birth to me many years ago she had really bad bouts of migraines that lasted years.So thank you for bringing that to light I will mention this to my doctor when I next see her. regards Dee

Closed Thread