It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
(male)

skipadee HB User
Dizziness and minor neck pain?

iv had dizziness for over 2 years now and had every test you can think of, vestibular assesement,ear tests,eye tests,ecg,urine and blood tests,adrenal gland test, MRI on my brain and ct scan on sinuses,diabeties blood sugar etc you name it and was recently diagnoised with migraine.iv only just started treatment so i know it wont have much effect yet,but could any of these tests checked my neck? i only have minor pain sometimes but me and my mum have allways had a weird neck were it can just random pull it out,and then we carnt turn are head for days till it heals, probley done this around 5-6 times in the last 5 years or so,and last night i randomly started getting pain in my neck and it spread across one shoulder,everytime i breathed it really hurt,lasted 5 mins then went.could i have like a traped nerve or something? pleassse reply everything is helpful tyvm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
(male)

wellnessquest HB User
Re: Dizziness and minor neck pain?

Hi mate,

Have you considered being tested for LYME DISEASE ? I ask because I have been dealing with a number of various symptoms, had several tests, nothing all negative.

From dizziness, lightheaded, dull ache on complete right side of body, which graduated to migraines.

80% of illnesses are cause by pathogens in your body, no questions asked. SERIOUSLY.

When you said when you breath it hurts, made me wonder. Hmmmm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
(female)

SweetSori HB User
Red face Re: Dizziness and minor neck pain?

You are describing absolutely what I am going through! Except I am sorry to tell you that Ive had this for 8 years already!!!
Mine started out as an ear infection with spinning vertigo which was treated with antibiotics and since then, ive always had a constant off-feeling, drunk-walking, especially at high altitudes, on elevators, after excercise etc...
Its been really traumatizing since I was such an active, athletic girl, and now I dont even take planes due to the fear of increasing this off balance thing.
I know that my neck probably contributes to the feeling because whenever it feels swollen or tight my off balance is worse, and many times I wake up and turn my head and I feel as if I am being violently pushed around, as if I were extremely drunk.
Docs have performed eply maneuver, cat scans, ear testing and have attributed it to anxiety and neck tension.
Im not an anxious or depressed person IM DEPRESSED and ANXIOUS because of this stupid disease that has been tormenting me for years and has changed my life so much.
Someone said on another board "at least were alive"...yea were alive but it doesnt feel like im alive because everyday is a struggle without being able to do the things I used to love.
I was thinking about looking into MAV, but I tried a migrane over the counter medicine and didnt really do anything for me.......
Chiros are expensive and Im sick of neck and muscle manipulation that I can do at home with a tennis ball under my back......
What amazes me is that Internet is FULLL of people with the same symptoms, on websites, on boards......and NO ANSWER!!! what are docs waiting for????? I wish i could take all of you to my doc and say IM NOT THE ONLY ONE YOU SEEEEEE????

Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
(male)

skipadee HB User

hmm dont think its lyme iv had bloods done etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSori View Post
You are describing absolutely what I am going through! Except I am sorry to tell you that Ive had this for 8 years already!!!
Mine started out as an ear infection with spinning vertigo which was treated with antibiotics and since then, ive always had a constant off-feeling, drunk-walking, especially at high altitudes, on elevators, after excercise etc...
Its been really traumatizing since I was such an active, athletic girl, and now I dont even take planes due to the fear of increasing this off balance thing.
I know that my neck probably contributes to the feeling because whenever it feels swollen or tight my off balance is worse, and many times I wake up and turn my head and I feel as if I am being violently pushed around, as if I were extremely drunk.
Docs have performed eply maneuver, cat scans, ear testing and have attributed it to anxiety and neck tension.
Im not an anxious or depressed person IM DEPRESSED and ANXIOUS because of this stupid disease that has been tormenting me for years and has changed my life so much.
Someone said on another board "at least were alive"...yea were alive but it doesnt feel like im alive because everyday is a struggle without being able to do the things I used to love.
I was thinking about looking into MAV, but I tried a migrane over the counter medicine and didnt really do anything for me.......
Chiros are expensive and Im sick of neck and muscle manipulation that I can do at home with a tennis ball under my back......
What amazes me is that Internet is FULLL of people with the same symptoms, on websites, on boards......and NO ANSWER!!! what are docs waiting for????? I wish i could take all of you to my doc and say IM NOT THE ONLY ONE YOU SEEEEEE????
yeh ino how you feel its horrible,yeh we may be alive but were not enjoying life one bit.Have you tried any migraine prevention medications? you take everyday and slowly over time it lowers the amount you have.alot of OTC medicine isnt very good for migraines tbh theve never helped my mum and she has bad migraines.same here about anxiety they kept telling me it was stress and anxiety,i wouldnt be stressed if i was fine! the dizziness makes me anxious!.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSori View Post
Over the counter migraine abortive medications will do nothing for MAV, or even make it worse. If you want to rule out MAV, you need to speak to a neurologist about a migraine preventative prescription.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
(male)

skipadee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindar View Post
Over the counter migraine abortive medications will do nothing for MAV, or even make it worse. If you want to rule out MAV, you need to speak to a neurologist about a migraine preventative prescription.
yeh my neuro has tried me on three so far,2 made me ill and the one im on now takes fews weeks to kick in,worth a try sweetsori

Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
(male)

wellnessquest HB User

Your funny and sweet.

I encourage you do a method that will EXPOSE whats afflicting you. It's a method that may seem straight forward, but isn't. If you do this, you will get a LEAD.

SIMPLE, "SYSTEMATIC DETOXIFICATION" there are several ways to detox.
That's another conversation.

Pathogens require hosts and need conducive enviornments and food to survive, if you cut it off, deny them food, they begin to panic, will get desperate, look for food(via systomatic expression) and cease to exist.

So you must conditions difficult for them, more on that in a min.

Thesis:

Physiologically we all know the human body is complex, but it is made up of systems that work and operate in a typical anatomic way functionally. So address the health and
support of each system, in order for it to function optimally and eliminate toxins from each body system.

Symptoms typically can be associated with one of many aliment, but by use of trial and error, one can obmit the aliments that are not applicable to a potential illness, by process of elimination, by a strategy called "symptomatic ratio comparison".

So............................. your goal is to starve the pathogen of what it needs and create undesirable living conditions, consequently you EXPOSE the illness. HOW ? WHY ?

The symptoms will increase(pathogen is seeking food and causing you pain, in order for you to give it food. It will do so, in SPECIFIC areas that express itself most for survival within the HOST(you).

You then can specifically identify those symptoms SPECIFIC to that organ or body system, assign the attributes of those specific symptoms to a illness, then through process of elimination. You now have some legitimate culprits.

In turn, you then address those culprits specifically, see how they respond to your treatments and the symptoms that respond and subside are then further re-evaluated
through symptomatic ratio comparison. Then health picture gets clearer and clearer.

Hope it helps.

Old 12-26-2011, 01:34 AM   #8
(female)

SweetSori HB User

Im curious....what kind of testing does the neuro perform to dx migranes?

Im having the worst "off balance" episodes this week and Im pretty certain it is neck related, seeing as though my neck/shoulder area seems sore and hard...I think its because I have been swimming this week to try to take some tension off, but seems as though exercise just upsets the condition even more!

Its skiing season and Im so frustrated that I will not be able to go, its so dangerous to skii if youre risking a dizzy attack up there...

Anyways, take care and we will find a cure, I dont know how, but we will.

Out of curiosity, had any of you had any dental/jaw work done around the time it had started??? Because I have posted on other boards and if seems as though most people have TMJ problems or dental-mercury fillings-root canal problems at the time it started.

Mine started right after I got my braces....and I have had TMJ for a really long time.

Just trying to find common ground for all of us!!!!

Closed Thread