It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
(male)

Markymarkmark12 HB User
head injury now dizzy spells

hello, this i didnt join this for myself necessarily, but for my husband.
first a little background: My husband, in August of '07, was hit by a car(he was on foot) and received some road rash and a head injury(slight concussion), and over the past 4 years, has had numerous health problems, both relating to his accident, and just general health problems. since we've been together(6 years in February) he's had dizzy spells, before the accident they were pretty well spaced, like 2 or 3 a year, and only if he stood up too fast, or laid down too fast. since the accident, they have become more common. He is on high blood pressure medication(bystolic), and pain killers(he was on Oxycontin, but they changed his script to methadone) for three bulging and/or torn discs in his lower back.
The Saturday before Thanksgiving, he had a seizure, and went to the doctor that Monday to get checked out, and the doctor referred him to have a CT and an EEG done. For about 10 days after the seizure, he had a migraine, coupled with dizzy spells every couple hours. The results from the CT scan came back normal on the Monday after Thanksgiving, however we are still awaiting the results of the EEG(it's been a month, tomorrow.)
The dizzy spells are still occurring, and last anywhere from a few seconds, to 10 minutes. Also, as of the last week or so, he complains of feeling like there is something crawling around in his head.

I hope this all made sense, and i'm sorry if it doesnt. any help anyone could give would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread