It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kidonike HB User
sudden onset dizziness past week / tachycardia

Long post-sorry

Okay. here's the deal. 26/female, not very active but thin.
1. I have recently been diagnosed with hashimoto's - had a biopsy for nodule
neg tpo antibodies
high tgab antibodies
ideal labs as of 8 weeks ago.

2. I have anxiety.. but never had a panic attack, it's more like it causes me to be irritable and i get nervous-but i know when i'm anxious...(more OCD type symptoms)

3. I had tachycardia during early teens. I took a beta blocker but stopped during college

4 two months ago i stopped my birth control pills after being on them for 10 years.

Last week (12-23)i was driving down the road, talking to my boyfriend and i went to merge into another lane and this dizziness hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to pull over. It continued on most of the night. I didnt' notice it too much in the following days. Monday, i felt it again while driving- so i figured it was prob nervousness. . However, it started happening more, while walking around the house, shopping, riding in the car (not driving).

I went to the dr thinking i might have an ear infection. They said my ears were fine, sinuses very swollen but no infection. They also said my pulse was much to high. 110-135 resting. They did blood work for pregnancy (neg), thyroid labs and cbc- still waiting on those. And they sent me home with a holter monitor.

I took my pulse several times while wearing the monitor. My resting was usually 90-100. If i walked up the stairs or walking around cleaning it was up 130 or so. While walking my dogs it was around 180. I know i'm not in great shape but this seems a bit high..The higher my pulse rate the dizzier i am. If i lay down, i feel much better.

ANyway. Does this seem like a thyroid thing? anemia maybe?
I feel like its not anxiety because i've had anxiety most of my life and never remember feeling like this...

other symptoms-
dry skin
bowels change from diarrhea to constipation
ezcema
ringing in ears
pulsating feeling in head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread