It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
(female)

JessUgh HB User
Disequilibrium, Gait Abnormalities

Hello all.. I have a few questions if anybody would please answer.

I am a twenty-one year old female, I weigh somewhere between 140-150 pounds (relatively muscular) and I am 5'7". I have been considerably healthy until I contracted mono around Christmas of 2009, which lasted for about 4 months to my knowledge. I never felt great after that but around last April or so I started to notice changes in my body.. if you want me to explain ANY of my symptoms please ask, I will be happy to. It would be easier if I explained them all individually how they occured/feel but that would take a lot of time and space. I have been cleared for pregnancy many times, and also had blood work done for any STDs which came back completely negative.

Over the past year I have dealt with what I CALL Mydriasis, though I truly have no idea if that is what it is and about six to seven months ago I developed also what I call "Oscillopsia" as well as Disequilibrium.. I went to the optometrist about three months ago and diagnosed me with a "Convergence Insufficiency." He then checked my intraocular pressure which was 19/21, and said I had some slight cupping on the optic nerves of my right eye, but was not worried about glaucoma. I have 20/20 vision. He talked to me about inner ear and possible ocular migraine, but said I will need to visit a regular doctor he has a relationship with because we may need to do MRI testing. At this appointment he went ahead and made another appointment in two weeks, because he prescribed me a round of Acetazolamid. At my two week appointment I was there very briefly and explained I have experienced zero relief with the Diamox, thus he told me I can discontinue my use of that and made my appointment with my regular doctor and to stay in touch if and when I ever get a diagnosis. He did print me out some papers about Meniere's as I left.

Are all these terms I have named connected in some way?
Is the Convergence Insufficiency a form of an exotropia, or are they one in the same?

Friday 1/6/12 I went for an MRI and they called me on 1/9/12 and told me that my MRI is clean. I have an appointment with my regular doctor on Friday and he is telling me to go to physical therapy.. Mind you, yes I truly feel all the things I have explained.. but nothing to the degree of deserving physical therapy. I have been taking Zoloft since about October and I love it. It has helped with my fatigue so much.

I am begging for feedback, just trying to get a grip on these terms and their relations, ANY thoughts or questions please fire away. Thank you so much for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
(female)

hollygirl33 HB User
Re: Disequilibrium, Gait Abnormalities

Is the physical therapy for dizziness? If its vestibular therapy then go. It makes a big difference . I've done it and it helped tremendously .

Old 01-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

JessUgh HB User
Re: Disequilibrium, Gait Abnormalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygirl33 View Post
Is the physical therapy for dizziness? If its vestibular therapy then go. It makes a big difference . I've done it and it helped tremendously .
Thank you so much for your response.. And I think in part it may be, but he said he was more focused on the gait aspect. I'm really not dizzy exactly.. I just feel like I'm trying to walk from one end of a boat to another.

Closed Thread