It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
(male)

Hiallz5500 HB User
Dizziness help

Simple:

Symptoms:dizziness(feels like I am spinning when I am actually standing still.), light throbbing/piercing pain on left side of head(When it gets intense),
Nauseous/fainting(When it gets intense.), Sometimes when blinking everything gets black and fades out

Sickness: Dry cough(Sometimes cough up little mucus), chest congestion, I had diarrhea for the past week.

What I took: Ibuprofen 600mg, or 2 325mg Tylenol, Plenty of water

Relieves problem: When I lay down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptive:

For about 1 month i would feel dizzy randomly throughout the day but it wasn't as intense as it was like this past 1 week. This week I would feel lightheaded and I also would feel like I am spinning and feeling dizzy even when I am standing still.

Yesterday I was feeling more dizzy than usual and this is what usually happens when it intensifies.

-I get more dizzy

-I get pain on the left side of my head(Right above the left ear)

-Both the dizziness and pain happen together

-I feel light numbness on the left side of my head(Same area as I mentioned)

-After about 15-30 mins dizziness/pain would go away for about 3 hrs or the whole day, but sometimes it comes back.

I don't know if this might be the cause but I used to hyperventilate a lot because I used to have chest pain, but turned out my eKG was fine and my echo test came out fine and the doctor said it might have been anxiety.

Now I don't hyperventilate and I have had this sickness for about a week or 2 with a dry cough or sometimes a cough with mucus. My nose is also runny. My stool is nothing but diarrhea and I get brown mostly but the weirdest of all was the white spot/patches that were today.

What I ate before I had the patchy stool was

In school:
Choc. Milk, Apple Juice, Beef bites, Chicken biscuit

Home:
Spaghetti, powdered donut holes, doritos cool ranch

I went to the doctor and she tested me if I was going to trip while my eyes were shut and my hands out. I didn't trip and I never have had even if my dizziness intensifies at home. The only thing that happens when it gets intense randomly is that I feel nauseous and i feel like fainting and my neck feels heavy so I go to my mom because she assists me and I lay down and after about 3-5 mins I feel normal again. The intense ones has happened to me about 4 times this week and I haven't fainted in either of them.

The doctor said it isn't a brain tumor and she is sure because she said if it was you would usually wake up and vomit or fall, or difference in speech which I haven't noticed either myself.

I take ibuprofen 600mg or 2 tylenol 325mg and it kind of helps but not really.

Sorry if this post was messy, but i need help. I hate it when my dizziness intensifies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

bindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB Userbindar HB User
Re: Dizziness help

It does not sound like an inner ear issue. I would see a neurologist and ask about MAV. Your description of vertigo, nausea, lightheadedness and throbing 1 sided head pain sounds like a strong case of migraine associated dizziness/vertigo. Your stomach symptoms may or may not be related, but this happens with migraine occasionally.

There are some positive changes you can make today while waiting to see a neurologist. You should avoid stress, caffeine, MSG, and try to have regular sleeping patters. There is no harm to this recommendation even if your neurologist says MAV is not the cause of your symptoms. I would try this for 1-2 months and see if things get better, but most MAV patients require a preventative medication.

My advice is no substitute for seeking the appropriate medical care, but I hope to at least make sure you see the right doctor and ask the right questions.

Last edited by bindar; 01-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Closed Thread