It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
(male)

kenbob HB User
bppv turned into scds, dr's clueless. Lady at the supermarket diagnosed me

oct 2010 diag with bppv,it was severe and lasted months,afterwards i had ringing in the ears ,brain fog,sensitivity to sound so severe i had to wear ear plugs,many doctors ENT"S and hospitol visits with cat scans, mri,altrsounds all looked good,no body had a clue what was wrong with me,i had hit a roadblock of diagnosis.and 6 months later i found the answer to my medical nightmare in my local supermarket ! yea it sounds crazy but it wasnt food it was a friend that my wife was chatting with,she asked my wife how i was doing and after my wife explained my nightmare going on in my head the friend said "i saw a show on tv about this" i wrote down the show in my phone it was called medical mysteries,'the man who heard too much'.i googled it and saw scds ? superior canal dehesience syndrome is what it meant and the symptoms were almost identical except for i did not hear body functions eyes or heartbeats,i told my ent and brought him info on scds he set up appt at univ. of penn where they confirmed it in nov 2011,i am recovering from surgury now and doing well and i no longer get dizzy from sound.....dont be afraid to tell people your problems,you might get the answer from just about anywhere,if we had not run into her i would still be suffering ,funny how fate is.what a long strange trip its been.

Closed Thread