It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
(male)

Maeldun HB User
Cerebella Ataxia

I'm hoping someone hear has the a similar illness as me, I had an MRI done of my brian and saw a neurologist who showed me that the cerebellum which controls ones balance in my case is deteriorating, and he was sorry he can't fix it, I'm not even sure what I'm hoping to find, I was just shocked so bad when I heard this I couldn't even think of anything to ask the doctor. Anyone out there with this paticular disease? If so please give me some insight to what I need to know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

trotters hurt HB User
Re: Cerebella Ataxia

Yes I have cerebella ataxia (diagnosed 20 years ago). Do you know what is causng yours - mine was of unknown cause as in 20 years all the testing came back negative but this year they have found out I have ARSACS which is really rare but cerebella ataxia plays a huge part in the disease. Some ataxias can be cured/controlled if they are a gluten intolerance or B12 deficiency for example but many they do not know the reason and in my case there is still no cure for the disease. Where in the world are you as organisations around re ataxia? I am in UK.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply