It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #1
(female)

mielsabug HB User
Vitamins causing head rushes?

Hi,

I am getting really bad head rushes when I stand up. This started after eating a lot of cereal a year ago, when I wasn't taking vitamins (cereal has a lot of supplements added.) So I stopped eating cereal and it went away after a week or two. I tried eating something and it would help for an hour or two. But it has gotten worse and now happens right after eating as well. It happens especially with strenuous exercise -- going up the stairs, or reaching over my head to repair something for a few minutes.

After a break I've started my vitamin routine again and it's back. I stop taking them and it goes away after a week. If I take them every day it's worse. I am down to taking a half tablet every other day. I still have it but not so bad. I get a lot of other problems if I don't take vitamins though.

I'm 39 and have taken vitamin supplements all my life. I am well informed and read labels. My current supplement is Country Life Chewables. I like this vitamin because it has low doses and doesn't contain things that seem to worsen my acne (Calcium.) It also doesn't contain iron so as not to mix with B-vitamins. Since these are high-quality forms, and the cereals contain synthetic vitamins I have to assume it's not the type of vitamin that's the problem. Also, I've taken this one off-and-on without a problem for many years. (I've tried others too.)

I have heard that niacin could worsen low blood pressure. But this only has 50% RDA which means I'm taking 25% RDA every other day. (At the doctor my blood pressure is fantastic, but I haven't been since this started.)

My only other health condition is PCOS and ADD. The problem has been consistent with and without medication.

Before I blow a bunch of money buying each vitamin separately, does anyone know of a vitamin that can cause this? Is there another problem since this is new?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread