It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

DizzyR HB User
Struggling

Hi there,

This is my first post on this site, and I'm sorry to make it a sad one but I am really struggling with what to do. I have had feelings of Vertigo for about 3 weeks now. It began on a normal day, I woke up and went to work but had the feeling that every time I moved my head, my vision struggled to catch up with me. I passed out just after lunch and woke up on the floor. My eyes were flickering back and fourth but i couldn't open my eyelids. This lasted for about 30 mins during which time an ambulance was called. The ambulance crew put it down to low blood sugar (which I have had before) and just advised I rested. I did and felt a bit better the next day but before long I had constant feelings of Vertigo. My doctor suspects labyrinthitis and has prescribed me Stemetil which is helping. But the feeling is still there and some days it is unbearable - I can't get out of bed and can't eat. Sleeping is really hard as I feel the bed is falling out from under me. I'm also having strobing vision, I developed a stutter for a couple of days and am getting black spots or sparkles in my vision. I also have constant double vision in my left peripheral.
Basically I wanted to speak to people going through the same thing. I was wondering how long you had to take off work and how your employers felt about it? I am really down about the whole thing and feel like I am about to cry almost all the time. Everyone keeps asking how I feel and I hate being a bore so I tell them that I am ok, that I am starting to feel better, but I am not. I hate this feeling of being so pathetic.
I''m sorry to complain and be a moan but I don't know what to do with myself and how to make this better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
depression, vertigo