It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
(female)

emp882 HB User
dizzy quick spins sensations on & off 6 months

Hello all. I'm new and desperate for some feedback.

Ive had hard to describe 1 second head rush, spin, whirl, pooling, tilting, like sensations throughout the day for 7 months. I've tried everything to see what triggers it, certain movements, leaning forward, going from standing to SITTING not the sitting to standing like most lightheadedness!

It seems it coincides with my menstrual cycle. Its worse first two weeks at the start of the cycle and last two weeks are way better. These 1 second sensations are scary and debilitating...they dont last longer than a second and are accompianed by overall dizziness/imbalance.

I've had an MRI which was clean as well as CT scan.
went to ENG and only test that was slightly abnormal was caloric which when they did it didnt induce the vertigo as strongly as it should have.

I have noticed that Adderall XR I take tends to make it worse.

I had an EEG for partial seizures but havent gotten results back, guessing its gonna be normal.

not sure if this is ENG related hormonal related or epileptic seizures related? I dont have ANY other symptoms. I dont lose consciousness or taste anything weird.

Around the time I did begin getting this I had been on antibiotics for about a month for UTI and C dificil. I do have polycystic ovarian syndrome and did have an abortion wondering if because its related to menstrual cycle they could be related.

Its becoming hard to function during these times and I cant stand not having an answer.

I tried verapamil for migraine but made it worse.

I'm not sure if its the cerebellum, seizures, or possibly hormonal or inner ear (even though they seemed to think ENG test were normal)

it almost feels like a pulsating thing beyind my eye....and its worse when i stare into space or like I said move.

my blood pressure is normal, no infections on blood work, red blood cells normal, and I had my eyes checked as well.

Ive tried seeing if certain foods make it worse, dont seem to find a correlation besides time of the month and movement.

any possibly answers or ways to help are much much apprciated!

I'm 23 years old I take 37.5 mg of effexor, 20 mg adderall, and yaz.

I do get exercise and eat relatively healthy.

have not tried benzos to see if it helps if it is seizures, but antivert and dramamine DO NOT HELP.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread