It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Dizziness / Vertigo Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
(male)

Moose2 HB User
14 months of dizziness

Started March 2011 and still have it to this day, everyday.

Had ear surgery back in September to repair a hole in my ear drum. I was also hoping it would cure my dizziness but the surgeon told me before hand that it may not get rid of it. After a few months of healing I was discharged and told that I now have a perfectly healthy ear drum.

I was given vertigo tablets in November from my local GP but they didn't seem to work. They just made my hands sweat and make me anxious. I just feel like giving up. This is how I must view my life till I die, feel like I have had a drink or two all the time basically. Daydream vision.

Miserable, anyone else dizzy everyday?

The following user gives a hug of support to Moose2:
wellyoulookfine (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
(female)

wellyoulookfine HB Userwellyoulookfine HB User
Re: 14 months of dizziness

Hey Moose2, sorry to hear you're feeling like that. Yeah, i've suffered dizziness every day to varying degrees for 15 years but dont be disheartened by that, it only went on so long for me because i was too acceptiing of doctors blaming anxiety or not taking it seriously. I'm in the process of working on what i believe to be the cause of my problem, but you'll that the nature of dizziness/vertigo means you can follow false avenues thinking you've sussed it out only to discover that the dizzies return despite taking a new drug/doing new exercises/new diet etc so i know that i may be disappointed again but the important thing is to trust your instincts about your symptoms - dont let doctors twist what you're telling them so that they can make a quick diagnosis to get you out of their office - really push your gp by (politely) questioning their diagnosis/treatment, that way they'll know you're not a pushover. Dont give up, and dont forget about the person you were/things you did before the dizzies took over - try to do the same things you did before you felt this way because half of the battle with the dizzies is trying not to lose your confidence.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
depressed, dizzy, headache, vision